Chapter 10

Arthur's POV
My vision went blurry . Everything happened in slow motion .Those cowards! I thought referring to my Knights who had ran away. I sat there in silence holding Merlin praying he would be alright . I tore off some of my cape and wrapped it around his leg which had a deep gash that might be infected. I proceeded to pick him up and started to walk back towards Camelot .
~~~~~~~~
As night fell we were still traveling and I honestly didn't know where we were going.I laid Merlin against a tree and he suddenly bolted up right." Arthur!" Merlin screamed ." It's okay I'm here . You're safe." Merlin just nodded and wrapped himself around me."Why don't you use your magic to heal yourself?" I asked while he played with my hands." I don't have much energy left after I made the bandits fly backwards." He said." Why would you use your last bit of energy not to heal yourself ?" I asked thinking I would have healed myself ." Because I had to protect you of course . It's my destiny." Merlin had said this phrase so many times." Why do you keep saying its your destiny how do you know that?" I asked as he turned around to face me." I gigantic dragon told me." He said this like it was the most normal thing ever." What the hell are you talking about?" I asked thinking as fever had gotten to him." You know that dragon your father captured. Yeah well he helps me out and on the first day I came to chamelot he told me you were my destiny that we were two sides of the same coin ." He said looking me dead in the eyes. I realized he wasn't joking at all.I just nodded and laid down this was too much to process. Merlin laughed as he rested his head in my chest and we both fell asleep.
Merlin's POV
I woke up and I felt like I might have enough energy to heal myself. I looked up at Arthur who was still asleep his lips parted slightly. I quickly healed myself and woke Arthur up by kissing him.He jolted up looking around and then looking at my leg." I see your feeling better ." He said pointing at my leg." Yep now I can go back to annoying you." I said as we both stood up. "Hey, do you actually know where we are going?" I asked Arthur sense he had zero sense in direction. He opened his mouth to say something and then closed it and shook his head.I giggled seeing how embarrassed he looked." Don't worry I can see the path ahead . I'll find us a way out." I said with a slight bragging tone to it." Wow I'm so lucky to have you." Arthur said his voice dripping with sarcasm. We both looked at eachother and began to laugh. I beckoned for him to follow me. We had been walking for an hour or so pushing back branches, every now and then one hitting me on the face which Arthur then laughed and pointed at me. When I finally saw the castle we ran towards it. "Merlin I never doubted you." Arthur yelled as we approached the castle. I laughed." Sure you didn't ." I said Rolling my eyes. When we finally got to the entrance of the palace when we were stopped by some gaurds." Is there a problem gentlemen?" Arthur asked them." Sire,the king requests your presence immediately ."we walked in to the throne room." Yes father?" Arthur asked raising an eyebrow ." I'm afraid Melrin will have to be executed ." Uther said.