six

Edited

Never really understood the way you laid your eyes on me in ways that no one ever could.

An Attempt to Tip the Scales

Ridley's Pov-

I pulled away and lit up like a Christmas tree.

"Woah," I said speechless.

The sparks I felt when his lips touched mine was like electricity gave me a big slap in the face. It was exhilarating. Kissing him was like breathing. If only I could breathe now. 

His calloused hand rested softly on my bare thigh and, every now and then, the pads of his fingers would brush my leg so lightly it felt as though butterflies were nipping at my skin.

I wasn't embarrassed to be in front of him with nothing but underwear and a thin top. I was completely content in his gaze.

His forehead pressed into mine gently and his verdant eyes beamed into my hazel ones. My eyes took this opportunity to admire the man before me. His chiseled jaw, his sharp chin and pointed nose. His furrowed brows and his stubble that tickled my cheek when we kissed.

And that was where we stayed. In the comfort of each other's warmth as the moon faded through the window, turning us into nothing but silhouettes of lovers.

When I woke up, I was filled with the complacency of that night's memory. Derek had left hours before because I had school, but he didn't leave with out a sweet, goodbye kiss. 

After I died, everyone found themselves saddened. No one ever got the chance to say goodbye. My death was fast and sudden, and my brother was burdened with the task of telling my friends and family of my demise. He had to tell them that I would no longer get to open another Christmas present or attend another Thanksgiving dinner or throw another incredibly annoying birthday bash. 

I sat up and limped on my twisted foot to my closet. I pick out a loose, skin-toned t-shirt and denim shorts. Then, I put on one of my white converse shoes, while the other foot stays in its cast, sadly.

"Ridley!" Stiles called from downstairs. He always had been an early riser. That was one thing that remained after I left this plane.

"Give me a minute!" I shout back.

I rushed to complete my regular routine of brushing my teeth and hair, along with some other girly things. I grab my leather backpack and hobble out the door.

That day was a difficult one, but the difficult days following it would allow me to forget.

We got to first period and went through all the nonsense that school is. After 4 annoying periods, tripping in the halls due to my ankle, and watching Lydia and her boyfriend, Jackson, make-out eight times; I was finally safe in my sanctuary. The music room.

I set my bag down and sat on the bench in front of the grand Fazioli piano. I had always been fascinated by the instrument so, when I was younger, I went out and bought a cheap, battery-powered keyboard. My mom and I worked for years to perfect our hobby. She's not in my heaven, either.