Drag Me Down

-

"Revenge?" Harry asked in pure terror. "Revenge for what? For wanting my best friend back?"

"Revenge for bringing up the one part of my life I never ever wanted to think about again." Hermione said calmly as she came and sat on Harry's bed.

"It's not my fault. You decided to stand guard. Besides, you're lucky I even became your friend in first year. You'd be nothing without me," Harry answered in an exasperated tone.

"If we weren't friends, or at least if I didn't help you, you'd have been caught by Filch in first year, Ron would have died, and let's be honest here, you'd never find out about the basilisk. Sirius would have died in our 3rd year, you would never have figured anything for the Tri-Wizard tournament. No one would have learned anything in 5th year, oh and Umbridge would have used the Cruciatus curse on you too. Not to mention you would have never made it through one day of looking for horcruxes without me." Hermione said standing up, having had enough of Harry's stupidity.

"You're so modest aren't you?"

"It's the truth Harry. She's the reason we're still alive." Ron said walking in and putting his arm around Hermione.

"Yeah boy wonder. The only reason you didn't die was her." Draco said as he stood behind Hermione, arms crossed.

"Why is everyone defending her?"

"Because she didn't treat us any differently no matter what. She's always been there whereas you never were," Ginny said.

"Harry? Are you going to own up to what you did?" Cho asked

"No. Why should I? I didn't nothing wrong."

"HARRY POTTER YOU STOP ACTING LIKE YOU'RE THE KING OF THE WORLD." Cho yelled. Harry looked taken aback. He closed his eyes and sighed. Cho had a look only on her face that he had seen by only one person before: Molly Weasley.

"I'm not going to apologize for being the only one here who is concerned by how much she has changed," he said pointing a finger at Hermione, "but I will leave you alone to do as you please. Just leave me out of any plans for any of your futures. As far as I know, I never had anyone to begin with so its not like I could lose much." And with that, Harry Potter stalked out of the room with no one following.

"I'm sorry you had to see him like that. If he won't apologize I will," Cho said with a chagrin look on her face.

"You did nothing wrong and as much as we all know you love him, he has to own up to his mistakes," Hermione spoke as politely and kindly as she could, while on the inside she was seething with disappointment at the Potter boy.

"There's not much to do now it seems. I'm sorry to seem so blunt but it's been an emotionally draining day so if you don't mind, I'd like to have a moment alone and it seems that my chambers have become the gathering place for my fiancé's angered friends."

"Of course. Have a lovely rest of your day" Hermione
said and turned on her heel. With that, she left the room with a Malfoy in tow. The rest of the group followed and dispersed, going their separate ways to their own chambers. Hermione and Draco slipped into their chambers swiftly.

"Mi? Are you okay?"

"I'm not exactly exemplary but it's going to take some time. Now if you don't mind, I'm going to pick up my copy of A Tree Grows in Brooklyn and make my way into a relaxing bath."

"As you wish my love. I'm going to head down to the great hall and pick up some food and then make my way to the library to do my duties. By then, I assume, you will be done with your bath and we can have a small dinner and then off to bed for us both."

"Of course. Tomorrows going to be a rough day, no need to make it worse by not getting adequate sleep"

"I'm glad we both understand" Draco spoke eloquently as he walked over to his fiancé and placed a light kiss on her forehead. She wrapped her arms around him and they remained in the embrace for a few minutes. It was perfect for both of them. Too perfect to last very long though.