I Write Sins Not Tragedies

McGonagal was sitting at her desk going through mail when she heard banging at her door. She whispered "truffle" and the door opened. Up the stairs and through the door came a very angry looking Harry Potter.

"I need your help"

"With what? And at this hour?"

"Hermione Granger has disappeared and woke slytherin has taken her place. I refuse to acknowledge this and want my once best friend back."

"What can I possibly do?"

"Talk to her? She looks up to you. I don't think that's changed. Please I'm begging you miss. She's turned my friends against me. Though it may have been my partial fault, I can't stand it."

"Listen Potter, I can try. I promise I will. But if it doesn't work out then I'm sorry for all I can do is talk to her."

"Please do what you can. I'm losing everything because she's gained confidence"

"Now now Potter. She is the girl you were in love with not long ago"

"Yeah I wa- wait how did you know?"

"Those looks of longing couldn't be from brotherly love alone."

"She's changed. She's not the girl I befriended in 1st year. Not the one I saved from a troll. Not the one I held in my arms in 6th year while she was crying about my best friend. I want that girl back. The one who helped me with work, the one whose hair frizzed up even more when she did potions. The one who always made the right choice even when it was hard."

"Why don't you tell her that yourself?"

"Because she and the others want nothing to do with me. I tried but that's what got me into this mess!"

"Potter, it's getting very late so please go back to your chambers. I will see what I can do and will let you know tomorrow after I've spoken to Miss Granger-Zabini I mean"

"Mrs Malfoy soon enough" Harry muttered as he walked out the door hoping that the headmistress wouldn't hear but she had catlike reflexes and hearing. She heard all right.

"Goodnight Potter" she called and went back to her work. She opened a letter from Kingsley. He was asking about the program and how it was going so far. She would come around to him after this crisis was averted. No need to alarm him so soon.