Chapter 3

Chapter 3: “Danni Danni wake up! Please Danni wake up! Come on talk to me Danni!!” I heard Sam’s desperate voice. Now why would he sound like that, I wondered, then it all came back to me, the light and the pain.

 “Uuuggghhh” I moaned

 “Oh thank god Danni I was so worried” I opened my eyes a crack and saw Sam looking over at me.

“Ugh Sam… What happened?”

“I don’t know you touch that thing over there and you like freaked out and collapsed. I thought you had a stroke or something.”

“Nah you can’t get rid of me that easy.” I sat up and looked around, a little way away Kate stood, still in shock by the look of it. What was really surprising was how bright it was, as if light the sun have moved closer making everything almost painfully bright.

“Are you sure your all right Danni?” Kate voice shocked me out of my staring

“Ya I’ll be fine.” I said pulling myself to my feet, with Sam hovering around me.

“We should probably get going guys” I said walking in the direction of the Capricorn, but of course I trip. But I didn’t fall. I was floating on my stomach as if I had fallen on the ground.

“HOLY _______ “(okay this is a bad word, so bad I can’t include it… so just use your imagination) I said. I tried standing up and I did still floating in the air.

“Ummm guys I think I have a small problem” I said stunned, Sam looked shocked and Kate looked like she was going to faint.

“Danni, why don’t you try moving” Sam said in a whisper shock still in his eyes. So I did I moved left, right, forward, backwards. Then I went up and down, I realized I was flying, something only did in books and movies.

“I wonder if I can do anything else” I murmured. Thinking of all the types of powers there are.

“How bout invisibility, that’s been my favorite for years.” Said Kate, the color in her cheeks returning.

“Hmm invisibility, how would I do that.”

“I don’t know, just concentrate or something” Ok concentrate, I thought. Turn invisible, turn invisible don’t let them see me, turn invi…

“WHOA, um Danni, it’s working sort of” Sam said awed I looked down, expecting to see nothing, instead I see shadow and I realized that it’s me. I tried moving around, the shadow stayed around me, but I felt no different than before. Then I spotted the tree.

“Hey guys… did think I could ya know walk through things when I’m a… shadow?” I said eyeing the tree Sam follows my gaze

“You have to try to find out” Sam said, sometimes his logical thinking was annoying, but for once it was smart.

“Here goes nothing” I said while jogging toward the tree. I never wavered when I ran to it, but I did think that it would hurt of I hit the tree. I ran full tilt at the tree and then all I saw was brown, and ran right through the tree and came out on the other side.

“Now that was cool.” I said and then I tried making me turn into, well, me and surprising I did, the shadow just kinda vanished. I have to admit no matter how scared I was it was so cool. I had, for lack of a better term, super powers.