Chapter 4

Author's note: Okay I know it took forever to write this chapter, as some people keep reminding me (you know who you are.) I just wanted to say I just got a job so I've been kinda busy and writing is gonna be slow for a while. So thanks for reading and comment PLEASE!!! I haven't got any that I know of yet and that's really starting to scae me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter 4: One week later

                It’s been a week since the accident and I still haven’t told my parents. They wouldn’t be understanding, I mean they’re scientists; my mom studies other planets and life on them, while my dad studies the human body. They would strap me to a table and take experiments they wouldn’t understand me. I might slip up though; I have absolutely no control over them. The other day I woke up floating over my bed, if I hadn’t woken up early my mom would have caught me. But Sam and Kate are helping me get through this, so at least I’m not completely alone.

“Danni hey Danni stop spacin” Kate says snapping her finger right in front of me.

“Wha’hu oh sorry Kate just thinking”

“Well stop you’re turning shadowy again” I look down and realized she was right, I focus on turning myself back and look around to make sure no one else saw

“Don’t worry, Danni, no one saw anything,” Sam said. It’s lunchtime I sit next to Kate wearing her-notice-me bright yellow shirt and shorts and across from Sam the basics tee-shirt and jeans, typically everyday lunch.

“I hate this it’s been a week since the accident and I still haven’t told my parents and I have no control what so ever.”

“Danni your powers make you different, different is good. Imagine what you can do with your powers”

“Ya, you could always get back at Megan” Said Kate with a grin. Hmmm I thought, now that has possibilities, I said imagining what mean things I could do to her.

“Now that I could do.” I said with an evil grin.

“Danni you shouldn’t use your powers on Megan.”  Said Sam, putting on his best lecture voice

“Oh relax, I’m not really gonna do it that’d be too mean no matter how funny.”

“Good, now come on we’re gonna be late for class” I looked around realizing most of the cafeteria had empty.

“Great, just what I need, snooze time with Mr. Atlas.”

“At least his name matches his subject” Kate said.

“Well let’s not keep him waiting” I said grabbing my stuff and rushing out into the hallway

Three Hours Later

                “Hey, I home!!” I said opening the front door

“Danni perfect timing, your father and I just found the most amazing thing,” My mom said her short brown hair bouncing slightly from the climb up the stairs. Great, I thought, what it is this time a new way to super burn food to ‘preserve’ it.

“Come on it’s down in the lab” I follow afterward thinking of the mountain of homework I have to do by tomorrow. Suddenly, I stopped in my tracks.

“Isn’t it amazing, we found it just past your soccer field at school.” Yes it was the Thing, the object that ruined my life, but it was different now, I mean it was still liquidly/solidly and green. Yet, it wasn’t as light it’s as if the source of the light had been sucked away by some unknown source.

“It was your mother that found it really, she’s a genius sometimes.” My dad said from the corner of the lab. My dad is tall, cubby and well nearly bald except for some black hair on the side of his head.

“We believe this meteor came from another planet based off the texture and color alone.” My mom exclaimed excitedly.

“That’s great, but I have homework I have to do so later.” I said, walking up the stairs, it took all my willpower not to run. So much for me keep my secret well, a secret, now that my parents have that thing who knows how long it will take for them to find out I have powers.