5: Renn

(this fanfic is not accurately timed to the chronicles of ancient darkness series, if it helps, imagine this Is somewhere between the second and the fourth book)

Torak and I had been playing by a stream with wolf. It was two moons ago that Torak was outcast. We found a way to surprise Finn Keddin the cheif of the raven clan. Torak would practice shape-shifting into a raven so he could deliver Finns gifts. Initially I didn't like the idea of him loosening his soul and abusing his gift just to deliver a present. But obviously he flashed his gorgeous eyes, flexed a few times and thats all it took.
.....

Once we'd loosened his body from his soul and found and trapped a raven. Torak got ready to shift, and all of a sudden the sky rumbled and the ground briefly tremmored. We both look up, out of the sky four objects fall straight down.
They look like....
"bodies?!?" torak says aloud.
Just as he says it we whip our heads around to see one one of the bodies, a boy, hit the water.
Torak gives me a look. I know he's going to save the boy. Then his body goes slack as I try to half catch him and lay him down with his back against a tree. He can manage himself I presume. So I head off into the trees to find the other bodies.
Curiousity and skepticism rack my mind as I wonder who they were, where they came from, and why?
I gues I was getting ahead of myself, I don't even know if they're alive...and I'll have to find them first anyways.
I don't look far.
Less than 100 steps in I find a dark haired boy and a fair haired girl wearing strange jerkins and leggings. The boy gets up supporting the girl.
"Hello? May I help you?" I ask in their direction.
They both turn and face me, first fearfully, then they go relaxed. Then they look at eachother then back at me with confused expressions. Its as though they've had a silent conversation.
"I am Renn of the Raven Clan and niece of Finn Keddin" I offer a kind smile.
"hi im Annabeth...uh daughter of Athena and uh...proud camper"
I nod although I understood none of her words except for her name and mothers name.
I look to the boy. He looks a bit like Torak, but much paler, his features only slightly sharper. He didn't quite smile.
"im Nico" he states.
"nice to meet the both of you Anabeth and Nico, is it ok for me to ask why you're here?" I ask.
"we don't exactly know, it was accidental, we'll explain later, but first we have to find our friends, did you see where they landed?"
"not to worry my friend has taken care of one of them" I assure "but...neither of you look unscathed perhaps I can take you to my camp and help with your injuries before we continue looking?" I suggest they both nod. I help support the girl and we walk back to my camp where Wolf guards toraks body by the tree.

Come back soon for more