Chapter 11

"So, let me get this straight. We're going to travel across the sea until
we are just off coast from Scrato," Will began. They were all listening in on the plan as the Rangers discussed it.

Halt nodded in confirmation.

Will continued, "Then we just... assess the situation from there before we land."

Will was confused. Nothing was safe with this so-called plan. They were all going to be exposed to extreme danger. Where was the logic? Was Halt seriously going to have them all do something so suicidal?

Bree broke his trail of thought by raising her hand, which Will found a little odd.

"Isn't that plan a little... stupid?" she asked. Her voice had a tinge of hesitancy to it but her posture was as calm and confident as always.

Horace grinned a little before taking a breath to speak, likely about to make a jab about Halt's stupidity. "Well, H-"

"-Just think about it," Hal interjected, cutting Horace off. "The best and smartest fighters in Skandia and Araluan are being sent off to a mysterious land that holds some sort of threat. To me it seems like there is no option but to scout it out and take the plunge; that's why we were chosen for this task. Because we think on our feet."

A tentative silence gripped the room.
This was the mission of ultimate danger.

Surprisingly it was the twins that broke the silence.

"Aw, man! They could have at least let us know we could die before this-" said Ulf, "-so we could say goodbye to all of our fans!" Wulf finished.

Everyone turned to stare at them.

"Fans?" muttered Bree, "I thought electricity wasn't a thing here yet."

Halt, being the only one in the room other than Bree who had seen the future, snorted with humour.

Will frowned. He assumed whatever Bree was talking about must have been one of those strange things from where she came from. One of Will's good friends voiced his thoughts.

It was Horace and he looked confused when he spoke, which wasn't a new look for him. "Elekticy?" he questioned.

"Electricity is... well... it gives power to make things do things and an electric fan is when there are moving blades that are like..." seeing the confused blinking in the room, Bree gave up. "You know what? Never mind."

Will shook the questions away and decided to get everyone motivated. "Anyway," he said to everyone with an easy tone of voice, "We'd better get ready!"

Most likely noting the hidden meaning of urgency behind Will's words, all on board shifted and began to move across the ship, making sure their weapons were sharp and adjusting the mechanisms of the boat to prepare to sail.

Will helped the crew ever now and again when he was needed. The tasks were menial, so he was also able to pay attention to what else was happening on the ship.

He noticed Bree approach Halt.

"I'm not overly worried, but I have to ask. What happens if I die here?"

Halt appeared thoughtful. "I assumed you would ask. And the honest answer is, I don't know. As far as I know, bringing someone from the future into the past hasn't been done before. Maybe you die there as well, maybe you die here but live on there, maybe you are wiped from existence or maybe you cause a tear in the fabric of reality."

Bree looked to be absorbing the information. "So, don't die?" she said.

"Don't die," Halt agreed and they went their separate ways to help.

Will didn't have time to reflect on the conversation.

"WILL! COULD YOU COME HERE AND GIMME A HAND?" Thorn hollered.

Will snorted at the irony and jogged towards Thorn to help.

AN:
Here's an update... after how many years? Whoops. I'm so sorry, but to be fair I was in an ongoing negative situation and now... well, I left my parents' house and moved in with another family member, which is good and means I can update now, yay!

If anyone is still reading this, wow. I love you. That's all I can say.

*ahem*

Please COMMENT and VOTE, regardless if you liked it or not lolol.

Goodbye you beautiful humans!
~Bree Coleman