7) I'm not much of a dancer but i can throw in a bit of a (plot) twist

When  Frank woke up he wasn't sure of what he was seeing. Well he was, but he wasn't sure why because Morrisey was not going to be in this particular room and Gerard was.

But some how Frank had a clear view of Morrisey, and once he had woken up properly he reals ked that it was a poster of the man, not the man himself which was a pity but Frank had other things to confront, like how Gerard still had posters up like the 14 year old he often acted like.

He also had to confront why the man child was not curled up, snuggled into Frank's side as he was when fell asleep only a few hours ago.

Frank wandered out of Gerard's room. Without pants on, but he had his shirt and that was hopefully enough evidence to prove that Frank had been decent the entire night with Gerard.

Frank wandered around the house, his feet slapping the wooden floors so harshly he was afraid he was going to wake Mikey and Pete. Pete was snoring in a nearby room, and Frank could just tell it was Pete because no one was as annoying as Pete and the snores coming from his room were spectacularly annoying. He didn't know how Mikey put up with him.

Frank contained to wander till he heard the humming.

Frank followed the sound to find that it lead to his boyfriend, unsurprisingly considering Gerard's humming habit.

The sliding door of what Frank could assume was a rec-room turned studio was opened slightly, and Frank peered in to see Gerard swaying slightly as he painted.

Frank didn't think he was invading, so he stepped in with a simple and sleepy "Good morning beautiful."

"Frankie!" Gerard exclaimed, much happier than he sounded the previous night. He didn't turn around to see Frank, but asked his to grab another tube of yellow paint for him.

"I'm painting us, you see?" Gerard said and honestly Frank, as much as he appreciated and even wore art he didn't see and thankfully Gerard picked up on that and elaborated, "not us in out bodies but us in our beings. I'm feeling happy Frankie because of you. I was really sad last night and now I'm not and I wouldn't be feeling so yellow and be gushing golden if it wasn't for you."

"Oh. That's just beautiful Gee." Frank opted for beautiful over the many viable adjectives he could have used to describe Gerard's painting and his description. Pretentious stood out the most.

"Thank you Frankie, honey."

Frank couldn't say he didn't blush slightly at the little pet name Gerard slipped in ever-so causally. He also couldn't deny that it was rather arousing. But he preferred to think of how Gerard made the simplest things, like nicknames so commonly associated with middle aged couples, so beautiful and how Gerard tended to bring everything to that scale he lived on.

When Gerard was angry or sad, he was unhealthily distressed and he took everything he could up into his tornado but when he was placid again everything floated down like a feather and Frank found a glimmer in his own eyes and a spring in his step.

"Frankie? I think I speak for both of us when I say that we should get coffees."

"Agreed!" Frank was very eager to get his hands around a mug, and nothing else. He only needed caffeine injected into him at the hour.

"Let's go!" Gerard said, happy and bouncy like he hadn't just suggested they go somewhere in their state, they were in boxers and t-shirts and both had sexless sex-hair. Frank was not going for a 'morning after walk' with Gerard.

"Go?" Frank was hoping Gerard would take a look at his body, his loose fitting shirt.

"Yeah. I know this cool place, no one will be there so we don't have to get changed and you look really hot like that anyway so I don't think you should."

And perhaps it was Frank's uncaffeinated brain and easily swayed heart that made him agree to getting coffee with his boxer wearing boyfriend.

***********

They got some weird looks from people in suits, those business people who seem so almighty but work in a boring cubicle, with if photo of their family or their dog and then go home to serve that choice companion. Frank tried to take a 'Gerard' approach to this and think their ties were tied too tight and they were jealous of the boys walking down the man road in minimal clothing.

Frank didn't care to much because he was too focused on the stories Gerard was telling him, of how he adored this coffee shop and knew the barista so he never paid for the coffees he ordered, and the barista never got fired for being a sleazy pushover. Gerard considered this miraculous but Frank considered Gerard, himself, miraculous so he didn't have to stretch his imagination to believe Gerard's tale.

They stepped into a simplistic cafe, with far too few guests and far too many pot plants. Frank was afraid he grow a beard and be eating kale by the time he left, because he got a very hipster-esque vibe from the place.

Until an employee, and Gerard's barista correspondent came out from the kitchen doors. He scowled and hid his face in his greasy black hair and suddenly Frank's view of the place changed drastically.

"This is Frankie." Gerard said, introducing him to the barista who did not look too happy to see Frank, or to be serving Frank or to be serving anyone at all. Frank could hardly blame him because Frank struggled to get up in the morning and he didn't have to work, at least not today.

"Hi. I'm Frank." Frank did not want this grouchy man calling him Frankie, only Gee could and only Gee ever would because Frank was falling into that never ending pit of love, completely unknowingly and unintentionally.

"Hi Frank. I'm Bert and I'm assuming you and Gerard want some coffees."

I'm home and so is Bert McCracken.
-M x