8) Sorry for the 'blaze it' references

Bert watched as Gerard and Frank sipped their coffees and chatted, affectionately holding hands and laughing at each other's jokes. From what Bert knew about Gerard the jokes he was telling would be ridiculous but Frank still chuckled whole-heartedly.

And Bert was very jealous.

Gerard was pretty but Gerard was also pretty messed up, so Bert had to settle for blow jobs from the pretty boy but even though he admittedly wasn't the most romantic individual he was still a little jealous of 'Frankie'.

Frankie. F*cking Frankie. Of course Gerard was being a pansy like that. Frankie was such a pansy-like name.

Bert knew Gerard too well but he was willing to be his blowjobs that Frank didn't know Gerard well at all.

But Bert was, as usual, wrong. Frank had grasped the idea of Gerard's mood swings faster than Bert.

Bert was sour and Frank was sweet.

Gerard however was both.

*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*

When Frank and Gerard were walking back to Mikey's house, to collect the clothes they weren't wearing in their outing.

"Why does Bert..." Frank wasn't sure how to question Gerard on Berts scowls and growls.

"...act like he has a stick up his ass?" Gerard said, wording it perfectly.

"Yeah."

"Because I'm sure he does, or at least some spiderwebs because it's been so long since he's been f*cked!" Gerard laughed, and the glee in his voice was alarming because someone shouldn't be so happy about someone's chastity.

Frank was concerned about how his contact book was filling with gay men. First Pete, then Mikey through Pete and then Gerard through Mikey and now Bert.

"What even is Bert. Bert cannot just be a middle mannered barista."

"Bert is not. His asshole is home to a few dozen spiders."

"Anything else?" Frank was sure that Bert had to have a few pounds of weed on him at all times, that or he hadn't showered for a few decades and judging by how his hair had the similar greasy qualities of Gerard's.

But Gerard's was cute, and Bert was borderline homeless.

Hopefully Gerard would be happy enough to spill because when Gerard was happy he was on the truth syrup of adrenaline and being 'yellow'.

"Actually Frankie, Bert is a great barista considering he lives off weed and that has no nutritional value." Gerard did spill; and air was hilarious. Of course Bert was on drugs, sure weed wasn't the worst but it was still a drug and Bert was becoming more of a drug addict in Frank's mind.

GUYS I CHANGED THAT ENTIRE PARAGRAPH JUST SO 'DRUG' WOULD BE THE 420th WORD!!! HELP I DONT APPROVE OF DRUGS BUT I STILL AM MEME SAVVY.

But Frank chose not to dwell on the likes of Bert.

He chose to dwell on his boyfriend, not that he hadn't been doing that already.

"You're really pretty Gee." He said, squeezing Gerard's hand.

"Thank you Frankie, you're gorgeous sugar."

Gerard just smiled down and Frank and Frank just smiled up at him.

"Frankie, we should totally go out for dinner tonight. I know a place."

"Is the place run by a drugged up Virgin?" Frank said, hoping Gerard would catch his reference to Bert.

"No. It isn't Bert's restaurant. I don't even know the owner but it's fancy, wear something nice."

"I don't think I have anything nice. Like, we just went for coffee in our makeshift pyjamas."

"I think that calls for some closet raiding. Not mine because I have one nice shirt but Mikey, who is a collared shirt king."

The plan wasn't executed as well as it good have been, because although they didn't need to sneak into the house, they still did and the various thumps coming from their location was alarming.

Mikey found them with their backs against the wall, and smiles plastered on their faces.

"Frankie needs clothes." Was the first thing Gerard said, which wasn't the best way to ask Mikey for a short.

"I can see that. Did you go and see Bert is your underwear?"

"Yes. He gave us free coffee and now I need a free shirt."

"Frank." Mikey turned to Frank, who was holding back his laughs. It was hilarious how Gerard wormed his way out of disagreements. "I have some shirts you can wear, you might need to roll up the sleeves though."

Frank let his giggles out because their was almost a 2ft difference between the boys.

"Later. Frankie and I are going out for dinner and it's only like 12:00"

Gerard wasn't ready to give up his morning despite that it wasn't morning anymore. He'd call the restaurant to make a reservation but that was a close to be productive he would get.

"C'mon Frankie, we can chill in my room." Gerard could help but reference a meme so he winked, adding an alternative version of chill.

Frank happily obliged to Gerard's offer.

He was seated quite comfortably on Gerard's bed, a place that he had grown accustomed to over the last 24 hours and would like to stay forever if the ever maternal Mikey would allow it.

"Come cuddle with me Frankie?" Gee requested.

"You never finished painting Gee."

"Correction: I am waiting for it to dry. Forever." Gerard was like a cord wound too tight, either so relaxed or so distressed and Frank was sure which side of Gerard he liked best as he laid down next to the boy, calmer than he had been the last time Frank had done so.

Gerard ended up falling asleep, and was snoring softly and impossibly sweetly in Frank's arms.

Frank would wake him up eventually but he was just had to say, Gerard was too cute to disturb. As horribly cliche as his thoughts they weren't questionable.

*•*•*•*•*•*•*

Gerard woke up a few hours later.

"Frankie, what time is it?" His 'afternoon' voice as gorgeous as his morning voice.

"7:30"

"We have a reservation at 8:40. We should probably get up." Gerard wiped his eyes and yawned.

"8:40. That's an odd time."

"We can get twice as high! 420, like 420 times 2 is 840!" And in that moment Frank was genuinely concerned because Gerard had assumed Pete's persona and Frank was not a Frankestein and could not reverse the seeming body swap.

Then when Gerard blew him a kiss he knew that it was Gerard, not alien Pete .

"Let's get dressed then?"

"I don't know Frankie. I smell. You smell a little too. I think we need a shower."

You know that The Kids Aren't Alright goes for four minutes and twenty seconds. That's why the kids aren't alright! Drugs!
-M x