So Long And Goodnight, Kitten - Frerard

"I'm home, Frankie," Gerard said, shutting the door behind him, coming back from his job as an art teacher. It may not of been the best pay for the rent but hey, it was something and you had to give him credit for him doing something that he loves to do.

Frank smiled from ear to ear as he heard his husband's voice chime in his ears. His husband's voice made him so much happier. There was just something so soothing about it.

As Gerard walked through the hallway o their apartment and into the living room, he spotted Frank with used tissues surrounding him and tear stained cheeks.

Frank had been on the couch all day, not motivated to do anything. Ever since he heard the news that his grandfather died, Frank has lost all motivation and his depression worsened.

Frank was close to his grandfather and there is no denying that. He had his grandfather tattooed on hid shoulder, for fucks sake.

"What happened?" Gerard asked, not knowing what had happened since this event happened while he was at work and Frank hadn't bothered calling Gerard.

"M-my grandfather d-died," Frank sniffed and pressed the button to turn the television down, since the television had been on and Frank hadn't bothered to focus on that either.

"Oh, fuck," Gerard had whispered. He walked over to his husband that was a couch potato at the moment but a beautiful couch potato and wrapped his right arm around his neck, kissing the shorter boy's cheek. "When did this happen?"

"T-this m-morning," Frank started to tear up again and Gerard shushed him, stroking Frank's hair softly, running his callused fingers through Frank's soft brown hair.

"I love you so much," Gerard cooed. "Come on. You stay here and I will make us popcorn, coffee, and I will get a bunch of blankets and make us a big blanket bed. I will put on a movie of your choice."

"N-no, Gerard. I'm f-fi-" Frank started, getting cut off by Gerard.

"You're obviously not fine, Frankie. It's okay not to be fine too. Remember when my grandmother died? Remember how much shit you put yourself through to make me happy? I want to return the gesture and the least I can do is have a cuddle day with you. Anyways, when was the last time we dedicated a day to cuddling?" Gerard asked, really wondering how long ago that one day was.

"It was two months ago. I got fired and you wanted to make me feel better so we cuddled," Frank stated.

"Dd it make you feel better?" Gerard asked. He knew where he was going with this and he knew what he was doing.

"Yes, Gee, but this is different. This is going to be more than a cuddle to make me feel better. This will take some time," Frank sighed.

"Frank, I understand what you mean. Can we just cuddle, though? Please?" Gerard begged.

Frank hesitated but ended up nodding because why the hell not?

Gerard smiled and went over to the kitchen, turning the coffee pot on and setting the popcorn on the stove. He turned the stove to the correct temperature and made his way to the bedroom. He grabbed all the blankets and pillows from the bed, throwing them over his shoulder.

"You will not regret this, Frankie!" Gerard yelled. He yelled because he was in the other room, not because he was mad. Why would he be mad?

He went back to the living room and set all of the blankets down, returning to the stove.

It seemed as if the popcorn did nothing yet so he returned to the pile of blankets.

The coffee pot gave off the coffee smell and Gerard hummed in content. He loved that smell.

Frank decided to watch Dawn of the Dead, having that that was his favorite horror movie.

"I love you, Gee. Thank you for putting all of this together and this is perfect," Frank said, pressing himself against Gerard's body as Gerard hugged him, trying to get Frank closer.

"Of course, kitten. I love you, too," Gerard said, face nuzzled in the crook of Frank's neck.

Frank reached his hand to grab a piece of popcorn from the bowl and popped it in his mouth once he got a piece.

He focused on the television as Gerard stroked his hair.

After four minutes, Frank was out like a light and Gerard gad noticed by his even breaths.

Gerard kissed Frank's ear and whispered, "so long and goodnight, kitten."

He then closed his eyes and feel asleep soon after.

---

Okay @its_so_birgitta requested and I'm sorry that it's so short.