01

The smell was driving me mad. I've been in here for a week now.
The walls, ceiling and floor are all painted white. No windows. They keep the lights on all the time.
They give me the exact same meal three times a day, slab of mash potatoes, raw carrots, slice of bread, and water.
They never speak to me or allow anyone else inside the room.

There's just complete isolation.

Until one day, I was eventually taken out of the isolation room by two guards with weapons.

I was now sitting in a metal chair of a dark room, with a low lamp hovering over above me. I rested my elbows on the metal table, tapping my finger nails along the metal table.

I was interrupted by the door opening, to reveal a tired looking Jason, or as I like to call him Rat man, due to his face looking like a Rat.

"Bella, so lovely to see you again" Rat man says as he smiles at me.

"Wish I could say the same about you too" I say as I give him a false smile.

"Look Bella, I know your mad at what you have been told about what is gonna happen to your friend Newt, but I'm sorry we don't make the rules here, there's some of you guys who are immune and who aren't, and you are one of those people who are immune to the flare."

"I'm more than mad, I'm furious, being told that the person you care about is not immune to the Flare and is gonna slowly turn crazy and become a crank. I don't care about myself, if I'm immune, I care for those around me who are gonna become a crank, who are gonna suffer the most."

Rat man clears his throat. "Bella, I'm sorry but I can't help your friends get fully cured, but their is something that you will need to do and a few questions I would like to ask you."

"What is it?" I ask.

"You will have to get your memories back, you will remember everything, and just a few questions I want to ask you, personally, before you get your memories back."

"Ok, what are the questions?"

"What do you remember about Wicked, Bella?" Rat man asks.

"I remember they sent me into the Maze, to be tested, I worked for them before they set me up into the Maze."

"Anything else?" Rat man asks.

"No" I lied.

"Interesting" Rat man says as he writes down the information on a piece of paper.

"What about your brother Gally?"

"What about him?"

"His death, it must've been a terrible thing to watch, to actually see Thomas do that to your brother?"

I really wanted to kill Rat man right now how dare he talk about Gally, but he didn't know half as much as I knew. I comb my fingers through my greasy hair. I let out a sigh.

"How do you know about that?' I ask.

"I talked to your friends, they told me what happened to your brother, it must've been terrible for you, to lose your brother like that, even though you guys were so close to getting out" he says a bit of amusement in his tone of voice.

I clenched my fist together into a ball.

He was loving this, he wanted me to get angry, he wanted me to loose it but I remained calm.

His face became serious again, he looked straight into my eyes and asked me the question I wasn't sure in how to answer.
"This is the last question, I promise. I want to know, who's side are you really on?"

A/N:

I don't own The Death Cure story, all rights go to the famous writer James Dashner. However I do own Bella Stewart, and a few characters that I've made up myself, who do not appear in The Death Cure, and the plot around my characters.

This is the first chapter of the third and final book.
Its not the best opening of the first chapter.

Main Characters:

Marie Avgeropoulos as Bella.

The Death Cure cast as themselves

Alexander Ludwig as Peter.

Crystal Reed as Allison.

Comment
Or
Vote!