07

⚠️Some readers may find this upsetting. Also spoilers for The Death Cure page 250!⚠️

Song of the chapter 'In My Veins' by Andrew Belle.

~

Thomas takes off out of the van, I run after him. My legs feel like jelly, but I had to catch up with him.
Thomas suddenly comes to a halt, me ending up slamming right into him.

"Bella, I told you to stay in the car!" Thomas yells.

"We're not leaving without him! I don't care what they say!" As tears began to spring from my eyes. Newt had left me, but I wasn't going to give up on him that easily, even if he did want me to move on, I don't think I ever could. Wicked had promised a cure and I am going to make sure that Newt has at least a shot at being saved. I see him from the distance and run towards him, but Thomas throws his arm up against my chest to stop me from running over.

His eye's they weren't what I remembered. They lacked the sincerity and softness that Newt have. Thomas inches closer.

"Hey. Newt. It's me, Thomas. You still remember me right?" A sudden clarity filled Newts eyes then, almost making Thomas step back in surprise.

"I bloody remember you, Tommy. You just came to see me at the Palace, rubbed it in that you ignored my note. I can't go completely crazy in a few days."

"Thomas, what note?" I ask sternly.

"Its nothing Bella just get back to the van."

Newt meets my gaze and he snarls.

"Get her out of here!"

"Run back to the van, now Bella," Thomas orders as he shoves me back and I loose my balance landing on my ass.

"I'm not going anywhere. What note is he talking about, Thomas?"

"Its none of your concern" Newt growls. "Now get out of here."

"Newt, come with me this time, right now. We can take you somewhere safer, somewhere better to...."
Newt laughed, and when he did his head twitched strangely a couple of times. "Get out of here Tommy. Get away."

"Just come with us" I begged. "Please  Newt, we can get you into Paradise. They promised us that they have the cure...."

"You're a bloody idiot if you think there is any truth to that! Then again you're the same love sick slag from the Glade so I wouldn't doubt it."

Those words cut me open.

"Y-you don't mean that."

"You honestly think I cared about you, your a waste of space Bella, you are nothing to me."
Those words physically hurt the most, like someone came along with a sharp piece of glass and plunged it into my heart, that's how much it hurt.
Tears streamed down my face so fast I couldn't stop it.

"I've hurt your feelings, good."

"Newt, that's enough. Just stop, can't you hear what your saying or how your making Bella feel. Look just come with us, I'll tie you up if it makes you feel better."