Epilogue

One year later.

Dear Newt,

Paradise is wonderful, I wish you could be here with me. Everyday I look at our little girl and all I can see in her is you. She has your eye's, and my hair.
At first she came as a little surprise to me, Charlotte had told me when she found out that I was sick. She thought at first that I had caught the Flare, but once she did some tests, she found out that I was pregnant. Our little girl Lottie is amazing, and yes that is what I called her, the Gladers all made a vote to see who would she be called Charlotte won of course. I'm really happy for her and Gally, it turns out that they are now expecting a baby, Gally is so delighted, and very protective of Charlotte and her bump. He's gone insane with it all.
As for Minho, he finally won Allisons heart, Peter is still not that thrilled about it, he's still protective of his little sister.

Thomas has proposed to Brenda and I'm really happy for her, she wants to have a big white wedding and she never stops talking about it. Thomas misses you though, he still has nightmares about what he did, and what he had to do.

Every single day I miss you, I have little Lottie to remind of you though with those big brown eyes. I know you told me to move on with my life, but I can't, not ever.

All my love, Bella.

Bella read over the letter one more time before ripping it up. She watched as the bits of paper blew away right out of her hand and danced in the wind. She picked up baby Lottie right out of her little basket, she stared up at Bella with those beautiful brown eyes, it did sadden her that she reminded Bella so much of Newt. Bella eventually sat down in the long wavy grass, with Lottie placed in her arms, were she sat had a nice view of the village that they built, somehow it reminded her of the Glade, a place she once called home.

She lid down in the grass, little Lottie placed on top of her, Bella shut her eyes for a moment to soke in the sun, when a big dark shadowy figure blocked her view. Bella stared up at the large figure, it bent down towards her, and suddenly she felt her heart stop.

 Bella stared up at the large figure, it bent down towards her, and suddenly she felt her heart stop

"Newt?"
Bella thought that she must've been dreaming, or hallucinating for that matter. He wasn't real, he was dead she watched him die.

"Yes it is me Bells, I'm really here" he tells her, in that lovely accent of his. Bellas eyes start to fill up with tears, it was really him. Lottie eventually starts to squirm in my arms, wanting to be noticed. Newt snaps out his gaze, and stares down at little Lottie, his eyes are filled with wonder and delight as he stares down at her. She begins to start cooing to Newt as she reaches her hands up in the air, making Newt laugh a little. He takes Lottie out of Bellas arms, and in that moment Bella thought everything was perfect, but somehow it didn't feel real, like this was only something that she dreamt about, or that she wished had happened.

"Bella?" Newt asked her curiously. "You alright?"

"Are you real?" Bella questioned him, as she placed her hand on the side of his face. Newt closed his eyes for a moment, taking in her warm touch, the softness of her hands.
"I'm as real as you, this isn't a dream Bells, I'm alive, you cured me" Newt explained to her.

"How did I manage that, Wicked wanted our brains to cure people, how could I have cured you Newt?" Bella asked.

Newt stared down at little Lottie, and straight back at Bella. "Well your tears cured me, it probably sounds weird but it did, you were crying, somehow the tears must've gotten into my mouth, I woke up and I found out that Wicked was destroyed for good, and people were getting safety through the Flat Trans, and now I'm here with you and our little Lottie." He stares back down at his little girl, how she resembled so much of her mother. Newt looked back up at Bella, and leaned into kiss her, he wanted to feel her soft lips against his again. As soon as their lips connected fireworks exploded in Bellas stomach, she missed his lips so much. Lottie started to squirm in Newts arms, stopping Bella and Newts moment together, they looked down at Lottie again, the little infant stared up at her parents and started smiling at them, hopefully they could give their little girl a better life, a better life that they didn't get when they were a child.

"We should go tell the others, let them know that your alive" Bella tells Newt as she trys to walk on ahead to their village.

"Wait" Newt says as he grabs Bella by the hand. Bella turns around to face Newt again. "Lets watch the sunset" he tells her, and drags her back down to sit on the grass with him and little Lottie.

The three of them watched the at the vanishing light of day, the sky going from orange to pink to purple, then dark blue. For the first time Bella and Newt were both free and safe, as costly as the accomplishment had been. Bella placed her head on Newts shoulder, while Newt held their daughter. Bella took in every feature of Newt, she was amazed at how they both survived all this when most of the time they tried to give up but they never gave up on each other, and they never would. Bella leaned forward and kissed him on the cheek and then the lips. Newt pulled her closer as the last bit of the suns light vanished below the horizon.

The End.

Comment
Or
Vote!!