Classes

I sat sprawled on my bed, listening to the radio, occasionally dancing to the songs and enjoying my break from work. Luna was sitting near the windows, enjoying the sun. David walked in, holding an envelope.

"Mom told me to give this to you." He gave me the manila envelope and walked out. The envelope was from the high school .I undid the seal and pulled out the papers. The first was a letter addressed to me. 

Dear Faith, 

Enclosed is your class schedule for your junior year. Please bring this with you on the first day of school . If there is any issue, please contact us.

Washington

I unfolded the next paper. There it was, my class schedule. Junior year was really happening. I called Caitlin.

"Did you get it?" Caitlin answered.

"Duh." 

"Come over here. Blake's here too."

"HEY FAITH!" Blake screamed in the background. I went downstairs and got my bike.

"Mom I'm going to Caitlin's!"

"See you, sweetie!" I rolled out of the garage, clutching the schedule in my hands. I raced to Caitlin's house and rang the doorbell. Caitlin opened the door and dragged me inside. 

"Hurry!" I sat down on her couch and unfolded the letter. "What's your locker number? Mines 103."

"104." Blake high fived her. "Faith?"

"Number 206." Blake made a sad face.

"Aww, you won't be with us."

"Oh well."

It continued. The only classes I shared with them were English, History, and Math. It looked like I would be spending more time away from them. I started to worry. Would I be a third wheel? I looked at Blake and Caitlin and felt a little reassured. They didn't seem like the type of people to leave people behind. 

The next day

I walked into the coffee shop, going straight to the counter. Fae was sitting on a stool, and because it wasn't busy, she was using the computer. Her red curls were underneath a snap back, and she wore knee socks with purple Converse.

"Hey Fae."

"Hey Faith." She waved a piece of paper. "Did you get it?" 

"How'd you know?"

"I'm psychic."

"I wouldn't even be surprised." 

"I can read your mind." She joked in her imitation of a mind reader. I put the two schedules together. Her locker number was 204. We shared German, science, and math.

"You're taking German? Awesome." She said, looking over my shoulder. 

"You're in chorus?" I asked her.

"I know, its shocking. You thought drama, right?" I nodded in agreement. "I used to sing at the church here. I guess I just enjoyed it."

"I can actually imagine that."

"You lie."

"Hey ladies." Adrian walked in. "Comparing classes, I presume?"

"You must be psychic too." Fae tried to disguise her laughter with a cough.

"I've been told I'm special." Adrian smirked. I took his schedule. His locker was nowhere near mine, but we had band together.

"What instrument?"

"Saxophone."

"It's the only thing that attracts the ladies." Fae mumbled. Adrian punched her in the arm. 

"Why Fae, are you attracted?" He fake posed.

"Certainly not, but perhaps Faith is." I blushed.

"That's not a bad thing. Maybe she's just returning the favor."

"The curls get everyone, red or brown." I winked at Adrian while high fiving Fae.

"This is a losing battle. I'll see you guys." He walked out. 

"So, when's the wedding?" Fae asked.

"Oh shut up."