(Part 4)

When you showed up to dinner there was barely anyone left at the tables. Only a few ravenclaws and hufflepuffs were left. You ate your meal as fast as you could feeling awkward with the people who were there staring at you as you ate. You made your way to the common room "ugh why does it have to be in the dungeons? That's too far away" what felt like an eternity you made it and a first year boy came up to you blushing a bit "Umm I think this is your's" he shoved a letter and a small package to you and ran off to the boy's dormitory. You looked at it and it was from your parents. you went to your room, you decided to open the letter first

Dear, (y/n)

How are you? We heard there's a ball this year on Christmas day. Are you going with a boy? We can go shopping for a dress if you would like or you can use my old dress in the package I put a spell on it so it could fit in there. We miss you so much, please write to us and let us know what's going on. Your father should be stopping by Hogwarts on December 10th to talk to Dumbledore make sure you say hello to him.

Love and kisses, Mom

You put the letter down and opened the package there was a puff of black smoke, there was a very nice black and emerald green silky dress with shiny black high heels. "Nice" you said aloud in awe. you had no idea your mom had a dress like this. It was beautiful. You got a piece of paper and a muggle pen. You began to write you mom back and thank her for the dress. when you finished writing you were able to put the dress and shoes back into the package an into your trunk. You put the letter under you pillow and went to bed. The next morning you got up and ready and went to the owlry to send you letter. You then realized it was a Saturday and went down to the lake. When you got to the lake Malfoy was alone leaning on a tree next to the water's edge looking into the water mumbling to himself. "Hey, Malfoy." He looked up "Hey..." He replied still looking at the water. It seems like something is bothering him. how are you?" you asked. He was silent for a while then he looked at you then back at the water "I'm alright." he said. You sat down on the mossy ground somewhat close to Malfoy and looked at the water. "You seem a little down. It's weird not seeing you with a smirk on your face." He smiled when you said this "It's just my father. He said I'm an embarrassment to him." You picked at the grass on the ground "I'm sorry.." you said all of a sudden Malfoy turned to face you and placed his hand on the back of your head and kissed you fully on the lips. Before you could say anything he got up and said "I'll see you later." and ran off towards the castle. You sat there in shock. When you realized what was happening your face turned red, and you looked at the water, smiling like an idiot.