Betrayal

"I love this plan of yours," He says next to me. Right now we're army crawling our way across the camp. It's sundown and most wolves are in their dorms. The only ones left are the ones who guard the storage rooms.  They happen to be Elizabeth and her posy as well as Ann and hers. It's perfect. We finally get into position under some bushes. "So how do we get to the compressed air tanks in the back without them seeing?" I ask only to realize he wasn't paying attention. He had his eyes focused intently on something in the distance with a frown marring his features. "What?" He grabs my jaw in a tight grip and forces my head to turn back to where Ann is standing.

Walking up to her in black Combat boots and a glinting silver whip as a belt is Mavis.  "Well," Mavis snarls "I picked up your shit. Shes not at all prepared for anything. I also payed off a few males to ensure she has an 'accident' while in the run. No thanks to you, you useless bitch. I thought you were the best." "Hey!" Ann goes to defend herself "you told me to kill a gamma's daughter during training 'accident' not some fucking well trained berserker." I stared wide eyed at the exchange. What the actual fuck?

All I know is I'm getting angry. My vision is going red and I feels my wolf emerging from my skin, intent on a perceived vengeance. Until an iron handed clasp closes around my neck and keeps me pinned to the ground. Just before I start to explode with my rage more action occurs in front of me.

Before we know what's going on Mavis smacks Ann across the face "useless whore! Be ready to have a worthless omega for a mate, you deserve each other." Turning on heels Mavis stalks away.

Mavis my best friend and Alpha has been trying to kill me. How long has this been going on? Why? All the close calls I've ever had flashed through my mind. Along with people laughing at rumors made at my expense. Of course they would laugh at them if she made them. Was it all a lie? What about Pandora?

"Zuri, Zuri!" I feel a sharp pain in my side and look over at the male next to me. I'm met with a face that makes all the stories of their pack suddenly more real. Even my inner wolf, who hasn't bowed down to anyone except my alpha is whining with her tail tucked. His eyes are livid, almost as if he feels the betrayal as much as I do. As soon as I get my brain working again the first thing that comes out of my mouth is something I didn't expect "How do you know my name?"

He shakes his head and rolls his neck. Inhaling a large breath he exhales it slowly. By the time he's look back at me he seems like the man I met earlier, less intense and wild. "Kinda hard to ignore when it's spread around not only because of last year, but also because of the situation with her," he states pointing a calloused hand in Ann's direction. "Well after the end of this run everyone's gonna know to stay away from me. Ha, maybe next year I'll just beat the shit out of everyone instead of being sneaky," I reply with a confident smirk. Raising an eyebrow he laughs "After the shit your pulling, you honestly think your gonna end up running next year too?" "Damn right I am!" I whisper shout with a confidence I don't feel. He doesn't respond to that other than a shake of his head and an evil glint in his eyes. Just who the hell did I invite on my revenge mission?

"Well," I say after an awkward silence "What's your name?" I feel absolutely retarded at that moment. Instead of simply holding out his hand he grabs mine in a warm, firm grip. "Damion." Nodding my head I attempt to pull my hand out of his grip. He just tightens his grip and leans his body over mine until his body is on top. I instinctively try to push him off, not liking the feel of another trying to dominate me. My wolf on the other hand just lays back in my mind, all relaxed, instead of snapping like she usually would in this situation. Squirming, I try to escape the muscled cage. His only response is to pin me farther into the grass with a possessive gleam in his green eyes. I feel all the muscled ridges of him pressed against my body, with his warm breath against my face.

Squeezing my hand he finally lets it go, "Just so you know. This IS your last run so if you want to get a point across better do it now." With that he rolls over and begins crawling to the long side of the storage bay while he leaves me dazed in the dirt. I get a grip and speed crawl clumsily to catch up. Once we are both leaning against the side Damion looks over to me with cold, predator eyes. For some reason I found that far to hot. What the hell is wrong with me?

"I'll get the matches," He whispers "You set up the tanks in the back room." Nodding I turn and stretch my hands out while he lifts me up by the hips. Grabbing onto the windowsill I hoist myself up and over. Now away from him I feel more sane and able to speak my mind. Turning back to look over at Damion, with in a strong voice I say "You're one cocky S.O.B if you think that you or anyone else has enough brain cells left to catch me." He bares his teeth at my disrespect, well, that doesn't bode well. He's not some normal wolf, only question left is just how powerful he is. "Ahh Zuri, you mistake. I'm not cocky, but I do think I'll catch you" he smirks as his eyes darken "I always get what I want."