Starting Bell

We are all standing in the clearing. All the females, that is. I stand next to Pandora who is staring at the sky above the tree line in wonder. "Hey Zuri, are you meeting a male somewhere? I'm meeting Jacob near an old oak exactly one hour out from here." Looking over at Pandora I smile inwardly. She has been talking about him nonstop, and worse, He talks to me about her all the time too. They are 100% in love and I find that great for her. "Why on Earth would you think that? I plan on winning again this year," I state crossing my arms and raising an eyebrow. She merely rolls her eye and replays with a tart "Don't think I don't know, you've got an air about you saying 'Come get me pretty boy'."

I don't reply mostly because she's right. But i'm also terrified because I know three  common facts about Damion are at play during this run.

1) He's An Alpha For A Reason

2)He's powerful, he's swift, and He's cunning

3) He always gets what he wants

I'm so screwed. Mentally flipping through plans in my head I come up with a perfect one.

In the deepest, densest part of the woods about an hour and a half out their is a Waterfall with a cave hidden behind it. Not only will the water mask my scent but it will be hard for him to navigate the dense brush, the only problem is that it will be hard for me as well, along with the fact that their is 30 minutes where he will be out in the woods before I can reach the cave.

However, there is also the fact that it my be complicated its not the best plan. Damion will do something along the lines of following my better plans leaving me alone in my secret cave.

Latching on to Pandora's arm I navigate to the front of the mass of females. Looking to the side I see Ann and Elizabeth with terrified expressions on their faces. Laughing inwardly I turn my head back to face the eerie dark woods with the colorful reds, yellows, and greens shifting through the branches. Elizabeth and Ann, as punishment, are forced to participate in the run without their wolves. They don't stand a chance.

Seeing the old man from earlier loading blanks into a gun I get into my sprinting position. Holding the gun pointed to the sky he pulls the trigger. With a burst of speed I launch myself into the front of the pack to ensure no one would be in my way. Seeing a large Boulder in front of me off to the left I change directions. Stretching my legs up so as not to ruin my stride I make my way up it, using it as a ramp. Bending my knees and twisting slightly I leap off the rock calling my wolf form. What lands is a large black wolf with blazing blue eyes. The only thing slightly off about my coat is a light speckling of white that gives it the appearance of snowflakes covering my back.

Without breaking my stride I continue to sprint. Slowly the pounding of others paws disappears. For the next hour and a Half I hear nothing but the crunch of the leaves under my paws and my breathing slowly getting heavier.

I was forced to go slower through the denser brush. Sticks and branches poke my fur covered sides as I wind my way to the lake. The trail I left was only noticeable if you knew where to look. Only a few branches were snapped or misplaced. The dirt around the stream bellow the waterfall is soft and shifts under my large black paws. Feeling a childish euphoria upon seeing such a beautiful place I begin to roll around in the soft dirt and play in crystal clear stream. After exhausting myself and laying on the bank I make my way into the hidden cave. I cleaned up after myself. My hiding place won't be found. I'll simply wait till sunrise.

While my soaked coat dries I curl into a ball and rest my head on my paws. I slowly doze off.

After an hour I jerk awake because of a noise I first assumed was an aggressive snarl. As soon as I'm fully awake I realize it's a pleased rumble of a rather large wolf. My attempt to leap to my feet is thwarted when a large pitch black form crashes into me, pinning me to the Stoney cold floor of the cave.

The largest wolf I've ever seen is looking down at me with glowing green eyes and a sharp toothed, wolfy grin.