An Alpha Mate

How the hell did he find me? My confusion must have shown in my eyes because his pitch black wolf gave a huffing chuckle.

In shock and fear I twist and buck, getting enough space to leap about of his hold. His roar of rage echoes of the walls of the cave. Facing each other we start the dance. While technically I'm claimed as of now I refuse to go down without a fight. We clash in a tangle of fur. Him trying to pin me while I attempt to get around him and out of the confined area. He fights like a true warrior leaving me no other option but to focus solely on him. He's much better than I, even while holding back. The tousle is a stalemate for little more than 7 minutes before, with a flash of his great white fangs he launches his body onto mine once more. He takes a stance that declares his dominance over me.

This is it, I've been caught. It's over. He's never going to let me go. I gaze up into his eyes for a moment. He is probably that last male anyone would ever want yet I can't seem to find the rage I always assumed I'd feel at being caught. Rolling over to my side and shifting my front paws underneath me I try to force him off me. In reply to my attempt he snarls, a rumble I feel encompassing the entire cave. He sinks his teeth into the scruff of my neck and forces me to the floor. I whimper and lay there lax under his dark form.

Slowly, after a few minutes, he pulls his sharp white teeth away and cleans my fur. He lays next to me with a paw on my back and his head resting on my neck. After a short period of laying there not quite sure what to do I Eventually snuggle into Damion's thick warm fur. A rumble moves through him as he shuffles even closer.

Instantaneously his happy rumble turns into a warning growl as his entire body tenses up. Opening my groggy eyes I blink to focus them. I can't see anything in the cave. Attempting to figure out what he's upset about I push my body up. He growl gets louder as his weight once again forces me to the floor. This time I actually listen to my new alpha and lay down, putting my head to the floor in a show of submission. I watch him wearily as his snarls at the entrance to the waterfall.

Mere seconds later a red wolf the same size as Damion launches from the waterfall. Damion dodges to the side effectively avoiding the attack and putting himself between the new wolf and I. My own hackles rise at the sense of danger in the air but I make no noise. This new wolf is more powerful than me as well. He lands and skids along the floor. Swinging his hind legs around he faces Damion and I see his eyes. They are the same exact shade of blue as Gabriela's. Damion snaps his large, sharp white teeth in warning. Jonathan only returns the gesture.

What happens to me now is entirely in their hands. Either I will belong in the Dark Mountain Pack or the Red Mountain Ridge pack. By the rules of the running games I belong to the male that it the most powerful of my 'suitors' and managed to hold off the rest. I slowly back away from the huge snarling males with my tail between my legs. I know on some level that I won't be hurt but that is overruled when the very air around me has stilled and thickened with the rage and dominance of the two males.

Damion is the first to make a move. Instead of landing a hard blow he simply rips his claws across Jonathan's face and leaping back before Jonathan's own claws can repay the damage. The move was probably a test, one that didn't give the answers Damion was hoping for if the following snarl was any sign. Jonathan doesn't wait for him to attack again he dives in on Damion. Damion lifts his front up to dig his claws into Jonathan's back but in doing so left his hind legs open for an attack. Both males latch on to each other one holding the back of the neck and the other hold a right hind. Both wounds are bleeding profusely yet neither release.

Jonathan is eventually forced to let go or be crushed by Damion' s weight. From there they circle each other. The air around us getting more predatory by the second, I've never been in a position where I was the most harmless of the group and with these males here I feel soft and weak.

Jonathan breaks the draw by going for the throat. He had a grip but his kill shot was ruined when they tumbled through the waterfall.

I stay back for a few seconds to ensure I wouldn't get in the way should the two Leap back into the cave but then I move out onto the bank. The two Alpha's are fighting in the water, which is no longer clear and instead blood red. It concerns me, I know that technically Jonathan would be considered the safer mate of the two but I don't want him. I finally admit to myself I want Damion and the only reason I realize it is because he's in a life or death struggle for me. Snarls and roars explode from the males in the water as I pace on the bank.

With a roar Jonathan once again hurls himself at Damion. Within the blink of an eye Damion disappears into the water as Jonathan's body is above his. With a pain-filled whine my pacing halts along with my heart.

Until a spray of tainted water flies into the air and my black knight rises from the water. I let out a happy yip that draws his attention to me, he acknowledges it with a swish of his tail. Turning slightly his sinks his fangs into Jonathan's unmoving body and flings it onto the bank.

Just as the sun glints over the mountains My Alpha Mate's earth shattering howl proclaiming victory rings through the hills.