Chapter 4: Scars

I woke up and looked at the clock, 4:53pm, I've been out for a while that's for sure. I got up and walked into the living room, empty. I walked up to the guest room door and knocked. "Hey Jack you in there?" I receive a muffled response followed by the door opening. "Hey Jack." Jack gave a polite reply then made his way to the living room.

"Sorry bout earlier, I hope editing won't be too much trouble for you." He seems so calm yet I can see in his eyes something is bothering him. I sit on the couch next to him.

"Don't sweat it. So you gonna tell me what's bothering you or just act like you can hide it from me?" I'm determined to know so badly. I'm just concerned for a friend is all. (Sure, sure that's 'all') Without a word Jack took off his hoodie, I hadn't noticed he's had it on the entire time he's been here. He held it in his hands for a moment, as if contemplating whether he should or shouldn't tell me. However, I knew what this ment so I flipped over my right arm and showed him he wasn't the only one. He put his hoodie beside him on the couch.

Mine were scars but his, his were fresh. We sat in silence I knew how he felt, but at the same time I didn't know what to say or how to help. Finally he spoke. "Mark, why did you do that?" He asked pointing at my arm, that had now returned to it's usual position.

"Because when people say things bad things can happen, and I snapped one day from what people said." I gently grabbed his arms and examined his wrists.

"I got mad at my girlfriend and took it out on myself afterwards." He lowered his head in what looked to me like shame. I let his arms fall back into place as I listened to his story. "When I went to the airport to get on the plane to Korea I called her and we ended up getting into an argument that made me miss the plane. That only made things worse, after I blamed her for me missing the plane she said she didn't want to see me anyways and dumped me. I screwed up so bad that I ran to the bathroom. I don't know what came over me but the next thing I know I'm sitting in a airplane seat while I'm still bleeding. I came to you because I need your help, I can't stay at my place cause the pain." (Wow...) I gave Jack a hug. (Yes)