Reunion

As the people trudged through the reanimated corpses, they kept hearing screams come from almost every house. At that point, they just moved on. They already tried to save a person, named Tobin, but got there a little too late. Elle was scared out of her mind. She didn't want to lose any of her friends. She had just met Kenny and Andrea, but she cared for them both, as well. Although, her main worry was Dakota. Elle didn't know what she'd do without him. In fact, with Dakota, it was mutual.

"How far is this little friend's of yours?" Kenny asked, exhausted.

"Just one more block," Lily responded, just as tired.

As the group turned a tight corner, a rushed teen ran right into Dakota.

"Oh God!" Dakota yelled. "Kill- wait. Jesse? Is that you?!"

"Nice to see you, too," Jesse laughed, sarcastically. "Who are these guys?"

"Kenny and Andrea," Elle introduced. "Just some nice people we found on the way."

"Kenny saved my life, Jesse," Dakota said, thankful.

"And mine," Andrea smiled.

"Don't mention it," Kenny chuckled. "If you want, which you will, come with us to Ottawa. There's a supposed survivor camp up there."

"Hell, yeah, I'm coming!" Jesse high-fived Dakota.

"Then let's make like a tree, and leaf," Kenny walked back to the street.

A few hours later, it was almost dark, and everyone was almost to a collapsing point.

"Goddamn, how far have we gotten?" Jesse asked, huffing.

"A few 10 miles," Kenny answered, also exhausted. "We should find a place to rest."

"We probably should've done that an hour ago," Dakota chuckled, resulting in coughing.

"Here," Cameron pointed to a decent sized, suburb house. It was painted by the color of red, being two stories, and having a basement.

"Good eye," Andrea said.

"Not that hard to see," Cameron joked about its size.

"Enough chit-chat. We need to know we're alone," Kenny held up his .44 magnum. "Pistols up. If it's dead, shoot it."