Full House

"On me," Kenny whispered. "Let's roll."

Kenny opened the unlocked door and immediately looked up the stairs that were adjacent to the front door.

"Well, the stairs are clear," Kenny half-smiled.

"No shit," Dakota chuckled. "Okay, Kenny, Andrea, you go up stairs. Elle, Jesse, and I will stay on this floor, and Lily and Cameron, looks like there's a basement here, so you guys get that. Everyone ready?"

"Ready," everyone else whispered, in unison.

Dakota checked a coat closet next to the door, while Elle and Jesse both checked the bathroom.

"Clear," Dakota said, quietly.

"Bathroom's clear, too," Jesse said back.

"Goddamn it!" Andrea yelled. "Get up here, guys! Fuck!"

"Guys, come on!" Dakota darted up the stairs. "What's the problem?"

"What the fuck do you think's the problem?!" Andrea yelled. "Undead shitbirds!"

"Holy shit," Dakota's eyes bulged. "J-just shoot!" Dakota started shooting the heads of the many cold-bodies.

Bullet by bullet, shot by shot, undead body by undead body, the action just dragged on for what seemed like an hour, but was only a few minutes.

"Is everyone okay?" Kenny asked, shakily.

"We're fine," Dakota coughed. "I just need to get some damn sleep."

Although they all wanted to, none of the people in the house got much sleep that night. They were all too worried about what would come tomorrow. How they would get to Ottawa before they starve to death. How they would handle the dead. How they would survive. It was all a mystery. Yet, they were going to find out the answers sooner than later...