Moving On

"Alright, so I have five bags of chips, two candy bars, three granola bars, one leftover slice of pizza, and a few Snapples," Jesse reached into his bag as the group was walking away from the house.

"You are quite the survivalist, mister Snapple," Lily joked.

"Hey, I love tea, man," Jesse remarked.

"Me too. Pass one over," Dakota grabbed a lukewarm Snapple. "I miss refrigerators."

"I miss a lot of things," Cameron grabbed one too.

"It's been two days, guys," Elle rolled her eyes. "Get the fuck over it."

"In a mood again, I see," Andrea chuckled under her breathe.

"You have no fucking idea," Elle gritted her teeth.

"There anything I can do?" Andrea offered.

"Get off my back!" Elle snapped, not looking back.

"Okay, if I can't be sarcastic, you can't be moody," Dakota raised his eyebrow.

"Siding with someone you just met, huh?" Elle whipped around. "Go screw yourself, Dakota! You don't even know her! I mean seriously, I obviously like you, asshole."

"What?" Dakota stopped walking.

"Yeah! The cat's out of the bag!" Elle yelled. "Now, I don't care if you screw with Andrea, but don't do that shit in front of me."

"What the hell is wrong with you?!" Dakota kept his voice down. "What are you talking about? Screw with her? What?!"

"Oh, don't 'What' me, Dakota," Elle raised her voice even more. "I know you have a thing for An-."

"You," Dakota interrupted. "You. I have a thing for you."

"What?!"

"Guys, shut the hell up!" Lily demanded. "You have to be quiet!"

"I hear 'em!" Kenny yelled. "We're fucked!"

A huge herd was just around the corner, running towards the group.

"You guys just screwed us over!" Jesse whispered. "Where the hell do we go, now?!"

"There should be a church around here, somewhere," Andrea responded looking around for steeple. "Damn, I can't see anything. It's too foggy."

"Fuck us," Dakota panicked. "We have to run somewhere!"

The group ran away from the herd, running into another few 'zombies'. Jesse and Kenny knifed them.

"Keep going," Kenny demanded. They ran until they found the sought after church.

"Can you get the door open?" Andrea asked.

"If you guys help," Dakota answered. They all pulled on the locked door. "We have to kick it down."

"On three," Kenny planned. "One, two... THREE!"

As the door went crashing down, zombies spewed out of the church.

"You've gotta be fucking shitting me," Jesse exasperated. "Let's kill these fuck-faces."

Dakota just started shooting the zombies down, completely disregarding the humongous herd of zombies chasing them.

"Are you freaking insane?" Cam whisper shouted.

"It doesn't matter," Kenny said. "Just get the hell inside."

The group of friends, more or less, ran to the upstairs seating of the church, closing a hefty door behind them.

"Okay, now you assholes can hash out any arguments," Kenny put his face in his hands. "We're as close to safe as we can get."

"I can't believe you!" Elle yelled at Dakota.

"What?" Dakota raised his eyebrows.

"You like me, yet you spend more time with this bitch you just met?" Elle screamed in Dakota's face.

"Excuse me?" Andrea stood up, agitated.

"Can you ingrates keep it down?" Kenny asked, annoyed.

"She is not a bitch, Elle," Dakota defended. "In fact..."

"In fact, what?" Elle asked. "I'm the bitch? Is that it? Is that what you were gonna say?"

The banging on the door grew louder.

"Guys, just calm down!" Jesse interjected.

"You aren't in this!" Elle yelled. "Was that what you were going to say?"

"Elle, shut the hell up!" Lily commanded.

"Fuck you, Lily!" Elle screeched at Lily. "Answer the goddamned question!"

"Yes!" Dakota blurted. "That is what I was going to say. Happy now?"

Just then, the door was breached, followed by many zombie monsters.

Kenny shot up, wide-eyed. "Oh shit."