Meanwhile...

That same morning, somewhere, where society hadn't fallen yet, there was one kid- a bleach blonde boy -on a school bus, being taken to school, of course. The ride was running as smoothly as possible, in fact, the driver was earlier than usual. The people on the bus that day were very rowdy and wouldn't calm down. I mean, who wouldn't be freaking out when you hear that entire cities, states at this point, have been thrown to shit.

This particular boy was very protective of his well-being and was very paranoid of many things. So, naturally, he was 'scared shitless' of what had been happening. He was only thinking of what could happen.

"What do you think about all this?" the guy next to him, named Daniel, asked.

The blonde kid was snapped back into reality. "Huh?"

"Come on, Aaron,"Daniel snapped his fingers in his face. "You know, the reanimation of dead dudes in other states, what do you think?"

"I think the world is screwed," Aaron said.

"Hey, we've over come things worse than this. The Bubonic Plague, Small Pox, what have you," Daniel assured. "We'll be fine. The CDC is probably already done with a cure, just trying to ship it out, or something."

"Wishful thinking," Aaron mumbled.

Just then, the bus driver screamed something unintelligible and sharply swerved off the road, tipping on the opposite side the two friends were on.

Aaron was on top of two others, both of which were out cold. He had to jump up and get out through the emergency exit on the roof. He executed the plan perfectly. When he was on his feet, he dusted himself off and saw what had caused the crash.

"What the heck is that?" Aaron looked at it closer. "Oh hell. It's one of them!" He turned to the direction of his house and started sprinting, not looking back at the reanimated monster.

Almost a half hour later, Aaron finally reached his upper-middle class home. There wasn't a living thing in site. The entire neighborhood was deserted.

"What is this? Fallout?" Aaron whispered to himself, referencing a copyrighted game that wasn't in the public domain, but still mentioned it.

The young kid burst into his semi-luxurious house and started right for his room. His dad was the exact same way as his son, so he continuously gave Aaron guns and weapons of all the sort as he saw fit. Therefore, Aaron had an entire cache of weapons underneath where he laid his head every night. There was a machete, tomahawk, sheathed knife, a Smitty and Lesson 9 millimeter automatic pistol, .44 magnum revolver, and a 20 gauge shotgun with slug shells. He immediately grabbed the magnum and the knife. When he looked at his door, he almost pissed his pants.

"Stay back!" Aaron yelled to the thing inching toward him. "I'll shoot! I'll shoot you!" The thing wouldn't stop. Aaron fired his revolver and stopped the thing, making it drop. "Must be time to go."

He turned around the corner, to be spooked and threw his gun up. He quickly put it down and apologized. It was his older sister named Rebecca. Becca for short. Or Bec for shorter.

"What the hell, why do you have those out? And what's that rancid smell?" She looked around. "What the fuck, is it coming from your room?" She ran past Aaron and found the source of the smell. "Goddamn, what the fuck is this?! Why the fucking fuck is there a fucking corpse in your room?!"

"I can explain, Bec," Aaron calmed her down. "That guy was lunging at me and wouldn't stop. The reason I have this stuff out is because that thing that's been going around, a-a virus or something, has made its way over here. Wait, what are you doing here?"

"No time to explain, because apparently we need to get the hell out of here," Becca rushed to the arsenal of weapons. "Which ones can I take?"

"Any of them. And get as much as you can carry. I'll get what you can't," Aaron explained.

"Got it," Bec grabbed the 9 millimeter, the 20 gauge and the tomahawk. "Thanks."

The two insecure, frightened kids went off into the newly screwed world, not knowing what the destination, or what they would find. They couldn't even imagine the adventure they had in front of them.