Chapter XI - Lighter side

Moegi's POV

I looked at Kisumi-san. Then... The way to beat him.... I thought.

Kisumi : The way to beat him, you say? He might as well calm down when he hears the song I played Moegi.

Reina : Oh. You mean the song, "Roses"?...

Moegi : Wait, Just how do you know the title of that song.

Reina : I don't know. I guess after my head got damaged my memories slightly altered.

Kisumi : Anyway, I think Moegi knows the song now.

I felt a sudden one-second migrane and remembered the notes of the song easily. Then everything went black, When I opened my eyes I was at the training yard and saw Reina right next to me, She was also awake and aware of the dream I had. We saw Aunt Sayaka and our parents fighting over with Negara.

Negara screamed horribly.

Negara : MOTHER! HELP ME. GUIDE ME. WHERE ARE YOU.

Reina looked at me signalling about the dream. I understood very well and ran to the left side of Negara. Reina took the right side.

I didn't have an easy time reaching the hearing point. The strong winds blew on me and Reina as Negara's spirit power rushed through the air. Forbidden Magic users tend to expand their blind spots unconsciously while fighting several opponents. This fact helped me. Looks like training finally paid off.

I quickly swept off the air-bourned path and got away, running to the side of Negara, and waited for Reina.

I heard Reina shout.

Reina : NEGARA! WE HAVE SOMETHING TO SAY!

Negara kept ignoring us and attacking several times. I nod at Reina to signal, starting to hum gently

Roses Are red, Violets are blue

I promise I will stay with you

Whenever you feel lonely

I will keep you happy.

Reina now started to sing. Negara heard it and slowly stopped his spiritual power leak, slowly calming down. Blood stopped dripping from his eyes as he slowly landed in the grass.

Moegi : Negara. Look. We're sorry to hear about your father. But we didn't have any other choice.

Reina : Be happy. At least you're still living. If we didn't kill him you would've been dead right now.

Moegi : Your mother... Has been protecting you since the start. The moment she died she lived in your dreamscape.

Aunt Sayaka and the others stopped and dropped their weapons, seemingly showing Negara a moment of peace.

Negara : That's....That's...

Reina : It's the truth. Now, Just let us protect you. Let your mother guide you. We promise we'll forgive you for invading.

Negara : No... How could you forgive me....

Moegi : Because we understand you!

Negara : NO! NO ONE UNDERSTANDS ME!

Negara shouted and let a pulse of air out. But me and Reina maintained high and steady.

Moegi : Your mother said it herself! You need to be the one to decide wether you live in the light of the heavens or live among the shadows of your father!

Reina : Please, Join us.

Reina walked to him slowly, beginning to smile at him.

Negara : NO! Get away from me...!

Negara blasted another, yet powerful, pulse of air towards Reina. Reina got pushed down, but she still stood up.

Yukina : Darling!

Reina signalled Yukina-san to back away. I shaked my head at her. But she only nodded back.

Reina : I'm not going to do anything. Just let me... help you.

Negara : Help...Me?....

Reina : I'm not gonna hurt you anymore. I swear.

She smiled and dropped her weapon as my eyes widen in shock. She crossed her heart with a finger.

Reina : Cross my heart....

Negara stood up and started smiling, seemingly cheering up

Negara : I-I see.... Forgive my intrusion of your family....And kingdom...

Moegi : A-Ah.....

All of my parents nodded.

Sayaka, Kojou, And Yukina : It's okay.

Reina helped Negara up and wiped the blood of his face.

Negara : Thank you.... I owe you a lot.

Reina : It's okay. Come on... Let's get you cleaned up and cleansed.

Negara went inside the house with Reina and my parents, While I stand there dumbfounded and shocked, wounded and injured.

Aunt Sayaka noticed me and helped me inside.

Sayaka : Let's see if I can treat that wound and injury of yours.