Chapter 6

I scrambled quickly to my feet taking in the naked body of Trevor in front of me. I couldn't help myself as my eyes slowly took in sculpted muscles from his chiseled chest down to  his rippled abs and lower to.. oh my great goddess. He was not spared in the manhood department.

"Eyes up! Damn it!" Trevor snapping his fingers in my face.

My face turned red from embarrassment and l looked into his eyes. His eyes were a swirling mass of gold and black and as I continue to stare I felt like I was being sucked in.

I couldn't breathe or move my wolf was yipping from excitement. I knew that Trevor was yelling at me but it was like I was hypnotized by his eyes.

"Celina!" Trevor had grabbed both my shoulders and started to shake me roughly.

"Let go of my niece."   I heard my uncle growling at Trevor.

My eyes were still locked on Trevor but I felt like my spirit had floated from my body watching the scene below. Trevor was standing in front of me his hands still on my shoulders. My uncle was about five feet away in an attack position with Alpha Brant at his side. Behind Trevor stood his group, assuming attack positions to defend Trevor against my uncle.

Trevor released me taking a step back maintaining eye contact with me. My uncle walked between us to break the hypnotic trance. But I was still frozen and my wolf started whining wanting her connection to be reestablished with Trevor.

Celina, calm your wolf. My uncle framed my face with his hands staring into my eyes his soothing tone drowning out my wolf's whining. Calm. Deep breath. Calm.

I felt my spirit coming back into my body, as I slowly began to regain control and quieting my wolf.

"Uncle Thadius?" confusion flitted over my face. "What are you doing here."

"You called for me." Thadius turned facing Trevor and his group still blocking me from seeing Trevor. "Someone care to tell me what's going on here?"

Trevor spoke up. "That is what I would like to know?"

Uncle Thadius growled he hated his questions to be answered by another question. He like to keep control of the conversation.

Trevor growled back.

Alpha Brant stepped forward. "Trevor. What happened?" commanded in his alpha voice.

Trevor glanced at the alpha struggling against the order but complied. "We were coming in from patrol when I saw her trying to jump up the face of the cliff. She missed the last ledge and I caught her in time and hoisted her up." 

The alpha and my uncle turned to me asking if it was true. I nodded my head in agreement.

"That doesn't explain why you were shaking my niece?"

"She was refusing to answer my questions."

"So you interrogate helpless females through violence if they don't answer your questions?"

Trevor didn't respond to my uncle's questions turning and walked away from us.  His group members following close by him.

Alpha Brant put a restraining hand on my uncle who was fuming at the apparent disrespect that Trevor's dismissal had shown him.  "I will talk to them later, right now why don't you get your niece settled.  Tomorrow will be a long day."

Thadius waited until everyone had left leaving us alone at the waterfall. "Celina tell me what really happened."

I puffed out some air from my lungs perching myself onto a nearby boulder looking down at the ground. "I'm sorry uncle but I was hanging out with some kids in a cave.  When it was time to leave the only way out was up.  I didn't know that the only way up was to be in wolf form. I really thought I could make it in my human form.  I didn't know."

Thadius let out a sigh pacing in front of me. "Celina you have to be more careful.  You should've called and waited for me to help you out. I think you put 10 years on my life when I heard your wolf send out that distress call.  Thank the goddess that we are the only ones here that share a mind link.  If any spies from our pack were within 200 miles of this place would've heard it our position would've been  comprised.  I just pray that your uncle's spies are nowhere near here."

"I know. I will be more careful."

"Celina, we need more time before we leave.  We haven't convince Brant of your leadership and tonight's incident didn't ensue confidence in your ability."

I got down from the boulder, "Don't worry I will make up for it tomorrow." I started towards the pack house.

"Celina,  We need to talk about Trevor."

"I know, but not now. Not tonight. I just want to crawl into bed and sleep for three days straight. Unfortunately I only have a few hours."

My uncle let it go for now, but I know that we would discuss Trevor very soon.  I needed to buy time before that discussion.  Right now I have no clue what to tell him about Trevor when I can't even explain it to myself. I need to talk to him alone.  I just hope I don't become a lovesick teenager when I do.  I need to mentally prepare for our next meeting. Just have to remember not to make direct eye contact with him.

________________________________________________

Author's Note

I wanted to give a special shout out to Take_My_Soul_666 who created my awesome cover! I also posted the other cover she designed for me.  I was torn between the two and I may interchange the cover throughout the writing process until I 've decided which one I like best. Would love to hear which one you like!

Nicci