Chapter 8

Author's Note

Sorry I meant to add this video yesterday when I uploaded this chapter. My computer finally cooperated!

Enjoy the song!

__________________________

So today started out the same as yesterday. I stuffed my face at breakfast with Candice and her family and played with Teek. She introduced me to a couple of more families. Then I went onto the field to gather my squad and we continued to train in the woods. I picked out our three groups which I tried to keep balanced. Karen's group comprised of Terry, Jericho, and Lance. Spike's group comprised of Kyle, Lana, and Willow. My group included Phoebe, Dean, Sawyer, and Angel, who was also going to be my communication link to their pack.

Devon wanted to meet with the squad leaders after today's training for final preparations for tomorrow's journey. After the squad Leader's meeting I had arranged it with Alpha Halder to let my group use one of the tv rooms to blow off steam relaxing before the big mission.

Let me get this over with. I entered the 'war room' in the warriors' barracks. War Room. They really called it that. To me the room looked like a classroom. Not that I have been in many since I've been homeschooled due to our nomadic lifestyle. There was about 100 chairs all facing a white board that took up most of the wall. Mr. Almighty, Devon, was standing at a podium in front of the board. I sat in the back waiting for everyone else to show up.

"Alright ladies don't get your panties in a bunch. Sit down and shut it so I can tell you what's going down!" I hadn't taken notice before but there were no female squad leaders. I wouldn't be here if the alpha hadn't demanded it. What a jerk, Devon is also a male chauvinist pig. "We leave at noon, we should be at the border around four. Make sure everyone takes clothes pack with them. We will be stopping and checking on a few towns along the way. That's it! Go have some fun."

I left the barracks bounding up the stairs two at a time to my room. I had less than thirty minutes to meet my squad in the tv room. I took a quick shower letting my hair dried my hair. My hair looked somewhat wavy when I air dried it combing my fingers through to detangle it. This was the only time I allowed myself to think about Trevor and his elites. I laughed at how comical Jules was accusing me of being a witch. I sobered up though when I thought how I felt like I was being sucked in by Jules' eyes too. First I felt a strange connection with Sage, then I was overblown by Trevor, and now even Jules had a strange impact on me. My wolf had disappeared since I left Trevor which was equally scary. Since coming to this pack she has been a moody bitch. I know she knows what is going on but couldn't communicate to me what it is. Time like these I longed for the mother I only remember in my dreams.

I blew a strand of hair out of my face dreading what I knew I had to do. I have talk to my uncle before I go see Trevor and his friends. First thing first, I wanted to have some fun bonding with my squad. The party was in full swing when I entered the tv room. To call this room a 'tv room' was underrated when glancing around in awe. There was a giant screen with a play station hooked up to it where some of the guys were playing a car racing game. There was a bar on the other side with stools and a huge sound system with music blaring out it. On the side of the stereo a karaoke machine and a 52 inch flat screen attached. There were video arcade games, Oh my they have Ms. Pacman, my favorite. Padded chairs, recliners, love seats were scattered throughout the large room. Damn I'm really going to miss this place when I leave.

I walked over to Kyle who was in a heated conversation with Angel and Spike about who was the better dancer. All eyes turn to me and I threw my hands up laughing. "Don't look at me I'm a terrible judge at who is the better dancer. Especially, since I can't dance!"

Spike shook his head in disbelief, "Celina I don't believe you, the way you move when you fight is like dancing. You're downright graceful when you do those spinning moves!"