Chapter 12

“I don’t care if Devon is here. Send him away.” Trevor had been at Celina’s bedside since the night of the ceremony.  It has been two days and she still hasn’t woken up.  Thadius assured him that it was part of the healing process since it took a lot from her wolf to tap into the ancient source of the moon goddess in order to induct all of us as her high guard.  With all that said he didn’t like it.  Now that he and the others can mind link with Celina, he tried to see if he could feel her thoughts but it was void. He could barely feel the presence of her wolf.  It was like they were in limbo.  Now he had to contend with that ass, Devon, who has been like a love sick puppy coming here every day with breakfast from the pack house. He still can’t forget that Devon almost got her and everyone else killed with his selfish plan of killing the rogues himself by spreading out the warriors too thin.  If Celina had not been there to help keep those rogues off the Halder pack and been able to call in us in as reinforcement, they would all be dead.  He would never forgive that.

“Trevor, he brought her breakfast.”

“Jace I don’t care if he brought her a million dollars.  He will not see her.”

“Did someone say breakfast?” the question was barely above a whisper.

Both men looked towards the bed and Trevor went to her immediately.

“Celina how do you feel?” he brushed a strand of her hair from her pale face.

“I feel like someone suck all the energy out of me.  I can feel my limbs but I can barely move.”

“The ceremony took a lot out of you. Thadius explained to us that your wolf had to tap into the ancient source longer than usual to induct all six of us at one time.”

Her eyes flashed with memories and a smile appeared on her face. “Can I see?”

“See what?”

“My royal symbol, I wasn’t able to see it during the ceremony.”

Trevor lifted his shirt to show Celina the symbol her fingers twitching to touch it but no strength to raise her arm.  He gently picked up her hand placing it on the symbol pressing her hand to his heart. Her eyes met mine and then quickly looked down. “Celina look at me. Look at me.” Her beautiful blue eyes locked with mine and I search into their depth for understanding.  It hurt whenever she avoided my eyes but could stare down any other males including the alpha.

“Trevor your eyes they don’t suck me in anymore?”

“What do you mean?”

“I mean that every time I looked at you and the others, your eyes would swirl putting me into a trance. But the connection with you was the strongest.”

Relief, joy, understanding all shot through me as the realization of her avoidance had nothing to do with me at all.  At that moment i wanted to kiss her.  I placed her hands down by her side cupping her face with my hands. I leaned down to kiss her watching as her face turned slightly red their eyes never breaking contact.

“Celina! I’m so glad you’re finally….” Trevor turned angrily at the intrusion.  Sage shut her mouth quickly skidding to a stop inside the room making Raven collide into her back.

“Sage, ow! Why did…” Raven stop in mid-sentence as she took in the scene in front of her. “Sorry for interrupting.” Raven trying to hold in her laughter.

 I stood up to exit the room allowing the girls time to talk.

“Trevor you mentioned breakfast, I’m starving?”

“Devon brought you breakfast from the pack house.” Sage informed Celina getting the warning look from me.

“Devon? Really? Well send him up with my food.  I’m missing all the mouthwatering food.” Celina gave me one of her killer smiles and she knew I couldn’t resist.