He Is Coming Closer

Tony Stark could think of many things he wanted to do on that Halloween night - most of them revolved around Pepper and him watching horror movies and having her hide her face in his chest whenever she got frightened.

He, however, did not have any desire to spend the Holliday in a team building exercise that Fury orchestrated for the Avengers. Tony tried to argue that he did not work on Holidays, but Fury did not budge

Fury only looked at the billionaire blankly and said : "I don't consider the day of carved pumpkins and skeletons a holiday to revere."

And that was the end of the discussion.

As he pulled up to the house that they had rented out for the night, he decided that this night was going to be great either way. It was his favorite Holliday after all.

A smirk pulled on his lips as he considered how many victims he could choose from for a good scare. He had already gotten Steve and Natasha last year, and he knew it would be hard to top.

The large wooden doors of the estate creaked as he opened them and he saw that he was the last to arrive.

Naturally.

Natasha came forward and locked the door behind him and placed the brass skeleton key on the empty table beside the door.

" What exactly are we suppose to do?" He asked her as she turned to face him.

" I got the same information as you." She said with a shrug. "Fury said it was a team building lock-in"

"Haven't had one of those since I was a kid." Clint said overhearing them.

"But I'm sure you had one important thing missing."

" What ? All of you? Aw, Tony are you getting soft on us? " Clint asked mockingly as he clutched his chest.

Tony only chuckled. "No, you were missing the booze." he walked over to the small bar and pulled out an expensive whiskey.

This might not be a bad night after all. 

Tony thought.

------

A few hours and a few drinks later the Avengers had gathered in the living area of the large house and were exchanging scary stories.

Tony had just gotten done with telling his tale, and even though the room was perfectly lit, he noticed with satisfaction that Wanda and Steve kept glancing behind them.

It was Natasha's turn and all eyes turn to her as she softly asked, "Does anyone know the tale of the Son Khodunki?"

Everyone shook their heads and waited for her to continue.

"He's usually known as the bogeyman, but in Russia he is called the Son Khodunki- Sleep Walker. As children we were told at night that a man made of darkness waits until the house is silent, and then preys on little children who refuse to fall asleep."