Knee-Slapper

"What the hell is going on here? Where's Clint?"

"Maybe he's scoping the place out?"

"He would never do that without telling us or asking for backup." Natasha said as she watch Thor kneeled down to inspect the blood on the floor. The color seemed to mock her and she quickly looked away.

"I'm calling Fury." Natasha said briskly as she pulled out a phone from her back pocket. The screen came to life, but her hopes diminished when she saw that there were absolutely no bars.

"Great." She mumbled as she slipped it back into her pocket.

They could see that they were all thinking the same thing, but none voiced it except for Steve.

"I think we need to admit that Clint is in danger." Steve said solemnly.

"Never thought of you as a man of superstition." Tony joked.

"No, but you must be for assuming I'm referring to something to that degree." Steve cleared his throat throughly before continuing, trying to hide his annoyance with Tony and his ever-present need to aggravate him. "Whether natural or unnatural, something is here waiting for us, and it has Clint."

Everyone, even the god of thunder, shuddered at his words.

"We should start looking for him." Pietro concluded.

"But where do we begin? " Wanda asked, and peered out into the main hall where the balconies of the second and third floor could be seen.

The phone in Natasha's pocket began ringing in response and Wanda let out a little squeal at its shrill sound. Natasha was first surprised to see that she had somehow gained perfect service where she hadn't moments before, but the contact surprised her the most.

"It's Clint." She said as she put it on speaker for the rest to hear, before answering warily. "Hello?"

He breathed into the phone irregularly, "Natasha?"

"Oh thank goodness." Natasha said under breath.

Light laughter could be heard on Clint's side, "Didn't think I'd survive your little head injury?"

"Head injury? What happened? Are you okay?" Steve asked worried.

"You would know it was your prank- ha ha ha guys, very funny. Knock me out and put me in a creepy room, now that's a knee-slapper."

"We did nothing of the sort." Thor softly spoke with a puzzled expression.

"I'm the most insensitive person here and even I know you don't harm anyone during a prank. Lock you in a creepy room, yes, but not intentionally hurt you." Tony said truthfully.

There was a long pause before Natasha asked, "Clint? What happened?"

"I honestly don't know." His voice was more sluggish then from before, the head injury probably getting the best of him. "I remember us coming together when the power turned off and I felt a hand on my shoulder. After that everything is gone and I just woke up with this awful pain in my head."

"Clint describe the room." Steve said coming closer to the phone, he heard Clint's breathing become shaky and knew that it wasn't long until he possibly passed out. "If we know where you are we can find you."

Clint groaned as if trying to reposition. "I see a piano and a large window. I can see the stars, but not all of them because the top of an old tree is blocking the view. They really should cut that down."

"Clint, focus." He was losing him fast. "Can you see anything else."

"Everything's spinning I-" He stopped short.

"Clint, what ha-"

"Shhhh."

The room remained quiet as they waited for him to talk.

After any agonizing moments, Clint's shaking voice whispered very softly, "Someone is coming."

The line went dead and the service that Natasha magically had, completely disappeared.

"What the hell." Tony murmured.

"It sounds like he was on one of the upper levels." Pietro mused.

Steve nodded. " let's go find Clint."

"