Chapter 11

Phil's POV**

I woke up in my bed and rolled over to see Dan on the floor, whimpering quietly. I got out of bed and sat down next to him. He jumped and sat straight up, looking at me with fear, which immediately relaxed to relief. He threw his arms around my neck, pulling me close. I put my arms around his waist and gently pulled him onto my lap. He put his head on my shoulder while I rubbed his back like a little kid.

"Do you want to talk about it?" He shook his head. I nodded and kept rubbing his back. "Why don't we sit on the bed?" He nodded and climbed off of me and onto the bed. I got in next to me and he laid his head on my chest. I rubbed his back until his breath evened out. I glanced at the clock to see it was only 3:30 in the morning. I closed my eyes trying to see if sleep would catch me again but once I was awake, I was not going back to sleep.

I carefully climbed out of bed, after replacing my body with a pillow, and walked downstairs, making myself a cup of tea. I went into the living room and made myself a makeshift bed, putting on the same movie from the other night.

~~

Dan's POV**

I woke up, hugging a pillow, and went downstairs to see Phil asleep on the couch with the T.V a light blue color. I shut the T.V off and noticed the time. We had to get ready for school. I shook Phil and, when he didn't wake up, I began kissing his face all over. He smiled and, when I got to his lips, put his hand on the back of my neck to deepen the kiss. I pulled away.

"What's wrong?" I looked down.

"My neck's kind of...sensitive." He shrugged and smiled, sitting up and grabbing my hand, which resulted in me being pulled onto his lap. I laughed and kissed him, feeling like a little kid.

"Did I ever tell you how much I love you?" I laughed again and stood up, taking him with me.

"Once or twice. Come on, we have to get ready for school." He immediately frowned and sat back down.

"I don't want to go. Dan, you read the text messages, they hate me."

"So what?" I sat next to him. "I love you. That's all that should matter." He huffed and looked away. I stood up and he looked at me. I sat on his lap again and looked into his eyes, kissing him gently. "Please, Phil?" He sighed and nodded.

"So what was your dream last night?" I thought about the weird forest and sitting against the tree, calling for Phil. I shuddered.

"Nothing. Come on lazy bones. Time for school. "He looked concerned but nodded and led me upstairs to get dressed.

~~

I waited outside in my car while Phil finished getting his books and homework. He came running out of the house, excitement clear on his face, and threw open my door, kissing me fiercely. I pulled away and Phil began jumping.

"I got in! I got in! I got in!" I put my hands on his shoulders.

"What are you talking about?" He took a few deep breaths and looked me straight in the eyes.

"Remember that college I applied to for video and special effects?" I nodded. "Well, I got in!" I hopped out of the car and hugged him tightly.

"Phil, I'd really love to celebrate but...we still have school." He let go and nodded. We got in the car and I began driving.

"So where is this school?"

"London." I slammed on the brakes and Phil lurched forward.

"London?! Phil, when did you plan on telling me this?!"

"Well...Dan I didn't...I didn't think I was gonna get in."

"Of course you were gonna get in Phil. You're a camera and technical genius."

"No, I just happen to know which camera to use."

"Same difference."

"Not even close but sure." I laughed and began driving to school again, not ready to think about when Phil was gonna have to leave.

~~

Phil's POV**

I tried not to meet people's eyes as we walked down the hallway, hand in hand once again...just like the beginning when all these problems started. I noticed Brittany, who immediately looked away. Whatever happened, she left me alone, which was almost worse after Dan glared at her.

"What exactly happened between you and her?"

"Nothing you need to worry about love." I nodded and stopped in front of my locker, when I heard Dan sort of growl and felt a tap on my shoulder. I turned to see Becky and Jessica, who were Brittany's loyal followers, and saw they both looked embarrassed.

"Hey Dan, Phil. We feel really bad about everything that happened between Jameson, Brittany and you guys. We didn't realize how bad it would get and we stopped talking to Brittany. Could we please try and be friends?" I looked at Dan, who looked suspicious but let me take the lead.

"We'll have to wait and see." I turned away, not wanting to talk anymore and Dan waved them away. He wrapped his arms around my waist and kissed my cheek.

"I'll see you in a few minutes, gotta put my stuff in my locker. I'll be back." I nodded and turned to finish putting my things in my locker. I felt another tap on my shoulder and turned, then froze.

Brittany.