Chapter Nine

Declan sat on the edge of Emmalee's bed, his long fingers gently combing through her hair as she slept. His shoulders slumped with exhaustion and dark circles formed under his eyes hours ago.  His eyes momentarily shifted to the figure sleeping peacefully on the other of Emmalee as he let out of soft snore. He couldn't help the sigh that passed his lips. He was beyond exhausted, but he couldn't push pass the fear that Emmalee was going to asphyxiate on her own vomit in her sleep.  So, he had stayed up and watched her. At first he had watched her from thee vanity chair across the room, but when he started dozing off he decided to move closer after pacing a few minutes while waiting for his coffee to kick in. After awhile he decided it was best he just sat next to her. He was a light sleeper, so if he fell asleep the moment she moved he would be up.

The bed shifted again and Declan lifted his gaze, his eyes meeting Asher's. A small grin curled the other man's lips before he yawned, stretching. "You look like a fùcking creeper." He said bluntly, running his fingers through his sleep muddled hair.  "Did you sit there all night?"

Declan narrowed his eyes at his lover at his misguided statement. "Yeah, I didn't want to have a repeat of the first time you got shit faced. "He said matter-of-fact,earning a look of disgust from the other man signifying that despite being inebriated that night he remember the outcome clearly.

"That was your fault. "He muttered after a moment, pulling the blankets up to his chin. "You supplied all the alcohol that night. " The night he had learned the fate of his unborn child.  Asher knew he had told Declan that he needed to drink and that night Declan made sure the drinks kept coming.

"Yeah, well, this,"He said softly. "Is your fault. And don't sit there and act as if I didn't take care of your ass either. "

Asher pulled the blanket away from his face and stuck out his tongue. He had never denied that Declan had taken care of him that night. He had gone far and beyond cleaning the vomit off his shirt.

"You better put that back in your mouth. "He grumbled. "Don't act like I won't come over there and make you put it to use."

Asher snorted, rolling his eyes as he pushed himself up on his elbows.  He was about to tell him he was full of shit when Emmalee shifted next to them. Both sets of eyes were trained on her, waiting.

"Thank God," She groaned, pulling her pillow over her head. "I didn't think you would ever stop talking..."  Her head was pounding in the worst possible way. She imagined this is what Loki felt like when the Hulk slammed him into the floor half a dozen times. The nausea rolling at the pit of her stomach was the icing to her shit cake. She would give anything in the moment for everything to just stop.

The two men shared a look before Asher threw the blankets off completely and got to his feet and rounded the bed. Stopping long enough to press his lips to Declan's temple. "I'll get the Tylenol and water."

Declan nodded, gently placing his hand on Emmalee's back, rubbing in small circles. "You okay love?" He asked softly, trying to keep his voice low for the sake of her head.

Emmalee silently considered his question. The longer she thought on it the more irritated she became. Did she honestly look alright? She pushed herself up with every intention of giving him a piece of her mind, but her stomach didn't agree with the sudden movement. Bile quickly rose into the back of her throat  and before she could stop herself she was vomiting across Declan's lap.

To her mortification, he didn't even flinch. He just sat there and gently rubbed her back, telling her she was going to be okay, until she finally stopped heaving. He pulled off  his shirt and lightly wiped the corners of her mouth. She felt her eyes fill with moisture and swallowed. "I'm so sorry. " She mumbled, unable to believe the kindness he was showing her, especially since she was only moments ago about to have a go at him.  Her bottom lip trembled as she fought back the wave of hysteria and tears.  Why was he still sitting there? She had puked all over him.