Why

I woke up, keeping my eyes shut, I moved my arms around searching in the bed for something.

Hoseok..

Darting my eyes wide opened, I looked around in the room I was in. It was unfamiliar, I felt empty inside, in this hotel room. I looked to bed space next to me and missed his presence being there. I was alone now.
I sat up in my bed and held my knees close to my chest.

"You need to get ahold of yourself, Adalyn."

I said it to myself, I need to get control over my life. I can't keep running away in fear. I'm going to have to face everything sometime.
Images of Linnex's past punishments, getting worse gradually, ran through my head. Those tired, sunk in eyes of his will be for ever a scar in my mind.

Sighing loudly, I swung my heavy body out of bed, grabbing the clothes from my suitcase to get ready for this lonesome day.

~

Looking in the mirror, at myself, once more before I left my hotel room. My face started to look thinner, my eyes turning black from the sleepless nights. Somehow, I could see Linnex's facial features resemble my own. Being his sister, I would never escape the image of his face, our faces too similar to differentiate.

Leaning my head towards the sink, I cupped my hands under the cold water and splashed it against my face. It felt refreshing, for a few seconds I forgot everything around me and focused on the cold water washing the sleepiness from my face.

Stepping out from my bathroom, I grabbed a pair of sunglasses, a black hat, and a scarf. Putting all the items on, it was hard to tell exactly who I was.
I didn't want anyone to recognize who I was, especially the boys or Linnex.

I placed my hand against the cold doorknob, letting out a long sigh, I turned the knob against my own will. I needed to buy some food if I'm going to be staying in this hotel.

Stepping outside I instantly felt the bitter chilly breeze hit my warm cheeks. Fall is quickly turning into winter. I walked down the quiet streets, glancing up at the trees. Dead. All of the trees were dead from the winter season approaching. I wrapped my arms around my tiny waist, trying to keep myself warm as I walked through the streets in the chilly breeze alone.

Coming to the nearest grocery store, I looked down the street. Hoseoks house is only a couple blocks from here, I need to hurry up and grab everything I need in car any of them decide to come here.

I hurriedly walked inside the front doors, feeling the warmth from the store run through my body. Walking quickly to the first isle I needed, I picked up a couple packages of Ramen and placed them in my basket.

"Have any of you seen this girl?"

My body froze.

I slightly turned my head in the direction of where the familiar voice came from.

Hoseok..

Quickly turning my body around before he noticed, I started walking until I felt a tap on my shoulder. Please.. Don't do this.

"Miss.."

I slowly turned around, looking Hoseok in the eyes. Knowing he wouldn't be able to recognize me with these dark shades and scarf covering the rest of my face, I felt slightly more safe looking at him. He held up his phone in my direction and my heart fell into my stomach.

It was a picture of me and Hoseok. A picture that was taken a couple days before I left their house. He was giving me a piggy back ride in the picture, except I was trying to get him to let go of me. He was slightly bent forward, trying not to drop me, he had the biggest smile across his face. Jin had taken the picture on Hoseoks phone. I looked happy.

I was happy..

"Have you seen this girl? Her name is Adalyn. She left yesterday, I've been searching for her since. Please.. Any information is really appreciated."

His eyes were red and puffy, he must had been crying over me. Tears welled up in my eyes as I looked at his heart broken face. I knew he was in pain, but I couldn't do anything to help him. I couldn't let Linnex hurt any them.

I shook my head slowly as he put the phone down from my view.

"Well.. Thank you for your time."

He looked down, turning his body around heading in the opposite direction. It took everything I had to not reach out and grab him, never letting go. But, I couldn't do that. It broke my heart to see him this way but it would kill my heart to see him in a hospital bed because of Linnex. Please understand.. I promised I'd come back, didn't I?

Letting the few tears leave my eyes, I quickly turned back to what I was doing and grabbed the rest of my groceries.

~

I opened the front doors to the store and braced myself for the chilly breeze again. Walking silently down the street towards my hotel, bags of groceries heavy on my arms. I rounded the corner and dropped the groceries to the ground immediately without thinking.

"There you are.. Baby sister."

Linnex..

How did he know it was me? How did he find me?

"I bet you're wondering a million things right now. Don't worry, I'll explain."

He stepped closer to me, my body instantly turning around running for my life. I heard him chuckle as soon as I started running in the opposite direction, towards Hoseok's house. My mind was screaming but nothing left my throat and mouth. Why couldn't I scream for help? What's wrong with me?

Regret washed over my body as I denied Hoseok in the store. How could I have known that Linnex was going to be around the corner. How was I supposed to know!

I threw off the scarf, sunglasses, and hat. Wiping the tears away from my eyes and I ran in Hoseoks direction. My vision getting blurred from the tears, I could barely see anything. The next step I took running, my eyes could only see something brown coming towards my face before blackness took over and my body feeling the cold ground against me. My eyes shut, I  lifted up my arm reaching for anything I could grab.

"Someone.. Please.. Help.."

With those whispered words coming from my mouth my body completely went unconscious.

~

I opened my eyes slightly, shutting them again from an intense pain in my right eye. Trying to lift up my arm to touch it, I couldn't, something was binding my arms against what I was sitting in. Opening my left eye, I looked around the room that I was in.

It was a basement.

I searched around for any type of clues. But I could only see some stairs in the short distance. The gray concrete walls surrounded me. There was a mirror a couple feet away from me, it was an old mirror. I looked closely in the mirror to see myself. My right eye was swollen shut, a wound on my eyebrow,blood dripping off of it onto my swollen eye. That's how I must have passed out. I could feel my stomach twist in turn at the fear that was surrounding my head. Why was this happening..

Footsteps were loud and clear coming down the stairs. I looked over at the stairs to see Linnex stopping in his tracks and smiling generously at me.

"I'm glad to see you're awake finally."

___________________________

I'm sorry this chapter took me a little bit to write. I've been caught up in a lot of school work >_<

But I hope you enjoyed this chapter! I'm sorry if it was a little too dark towards the end of this!

Be sure to comment and vote! It means the world to me to see everybody's support through my first book.

Have a beautiful day! Look forward to the next chapter!!! <3