Linnex

Scrubbing dishes, I instantly heard tiny pitter patters going across the floor and into the side of my leg, getting my attention.

"Eomma, when is unncie coming.?"

Iris looked up at me, giving me a huge smile. Five years had passed, Linnex getting released from jail when Iris was one years old. He slowly gained Hosoek's trust since he got let out, coming arounf quite frequently to see Iris.

"I don't know sweetie. Did you go and ask appa?"

She nodded her head, looking back up at me with soft brown eyes.

"Yes eomma, he didn't  know."

Knock knock.

She slightly squealed before running off into the direction of the front door, hearing it quickly open up.

"Unncie!~"

Linnex slowly walked into the kitchen, holding Iris in his arms as she tightly hung to his neck. He doesn't have the same features as he used to. No black circles under his eyes, no smell of alcohol every time he spoke, and he gained weight letting his face not be as boney as it was. He looks so healthy.

She lifted her head up from his shoulder, looking directly at him.

"Unccie~ can I show you all of my dolls!"

He giggled slightly to himself before setting her down on her feet.

"How about you go and grab them out while I say hi to eomma and appa?"

She quickly nodded before running off into the direction of her room, slight noises of her ripping through her toy box.

"Where is Hosoek."

I rinsed off the last dish, setting it up, and drying my hands. Turning around to face Linnex, smiling gently.

"I asked him to grab the laundry. He should be back in here any-"

Hosoek walked in the doorway, smiling at both of us.

"I heard my name... And my daughter destroying her toy box. I figured you were hear."

He patted Linnex on the back before gesturing him to sit at the kitchen table and stay awhile. Sitting down, Linnex only got a few moments to himself before being occupied with Iris. She quickly ran into the room and threw her dolls onto of the table, pointing at different ones. She held up a brown haired doll that had a pink dress in it.

"This my princess. Jinnie bought this one for me.. He loves pink like me!~"

Linnex picked up the alien doll.

"Why do you have an alien in your toys, Iris?"

She giggled softly as she grabbed the alien doll from Linnex's hands.

"That's the doll taetae got me!~"

Hosoek watched Iris show Linnex all the dolls she had, a huge smile spread across his face. All three of them looked happy. This is what I longed to see and feel.

___________________________