Tarot Cards

When they walked into the room where the scarey disimbodied gypsy women was, Kaylee felt a sense of nervousness beginning to well up inside of her. Did they have to see her? She kept saying that same chant over and over again. It wasn't like they were going to get any information out of her. Right? The lady gave her the hibbie jebbies, and she was most terrified of the chant she kept saying over and over again. What did it all mean? For some odd reason, Kaylee felt a little better walking in that cursed room with William by her side. Sure, he could be a little pushy and stubborn, but Kaylee knew that he was so determined to end this curse that, he wouldn't let anything happen to her. And it did help that she looked a lot like his girlfriend. But the sister.........could she be trusted? Why was she comming with them to see Madame Leota? She thought her motives were not very clear.

"Madame Leota. It is I, William. I wanted to know what corse of action we must take next. We have the key.", he then proceeded to lay the key down onto the table, and smile smuggly at Kaylee, who just rolled her eyes. "Rap on a table, it's time to respond. Send us a messege from somewhere beyond. Gobblins and ghoulies from last halloween, awaken the spirits with your tambourine. ", Madame Leota chanted with purpose. "I knew it wouldn't work.", Kaylee muttered. "Be patient. You don't know what's going to happen!", William almost shouted. They waited for what seemed like a while and Kaylee was getting impatient, "Well nothing is happening, so I'm going to do this." She then picked up a tarot card lying on the table, and she saw it was blank on the other side. Kaylee was so frustrated! Would she ever find out the mystery of this haunted mansion? Would she be doomed to live the rest of her life and then eventually die and become one of the 999 grim grinning ghosts? No! She was too stubborn for that! She let out a long sigh as she sat the tarot card back on the table. "You think you can read the tarot cards? You're not a psychic. Madame Leota must read the cards.", William said with a frustrated huff. "Warlocks, and witches, wherever you dwell, give us a hint by ringing the bell. Serpents and spiders tail of a rat, call in the spirits wherever they're at.", Madame Leota chanted. "She's busy chanting. Maybe I picked the wrong card.", Kaylee nervously said as she picked up another one. she flipped it over on the table next to the other blank one, and sadly, it was blank. She drew in another frustrated breath and took another card from the deck, and flipped it over on the table next to the other two blank cards.

She grunted and took another card from the deck, and as soon as she flipped it over, an image appeared on it. The card had an image of two naked people on it. One a women and another, a man. Ok what did that mean? On the bottom of the card, it read 'Lovers'. The other cards started showing up. The next one had a knight on a horse with black armor and on the bottom of the card it read, 'Death'. "Well, that can't be good.", Kaylee thought out loud. William looked concerned and focused as he saw all of the other cards pictures appear. The next card that appeared was a picture of a lady holding a lion's head with a loving look on her face, and an infinity sign above her head. On the bottom of that card it said 'Strength'. "Huh that's good?", Kaylee nervously said. The next card that showed up was a picture of an angel standing over a small river, holding two cups and pouring water into the other cup, and in the background there was a sun with a crown in it. On the bottom of the card it read,'Temperance'. "What does this mean?", Kaylee asked with worry.

"It means that we have found nothing.", William took in another frustrated breath, "Madame Leota is the only one who can tell us what this means." Kaylee was so frustrated and done with being in this scarey house, and she just wanted to go home. She huffed and began brainstorming. What could it all mean? She then thought back to the beginning of her visit to this mysterious mansion. Where did her ghost host go? And why did he leave her? Why did he not want her to leave? She then thought of what he said about a certian door that she could not enter. It was a 'stairway to another dimention' is what her ghost host had said. What if he had lied to her? What if it was just another ordaniry door to an ordinary room? She then began to walk out of the seonce room, and to the hallway, and pass the empty coffin to the door where the suposed 'dimention' was. Then she tried to open the door. As soon as she did, she saw a never ending staircase leading to no where. He was right! She shut the door feeling even more frustrated and ran back to the seonce room and grabbed the key off the table, and ran back to the door with the neverending staircase. Kaylee had seen enough mystery sci fies in her time to have a crazy idea. "What are you doing?!", William shouted from behind her. "Ssssshhhh!!", Kaylee was irritated at him. She closed the stairway room door, and locked it with the key, and then she unlocked it, and opened it to find an attic room filled with junk. "What do we need to lift this curse?", she said out loud. She held out the key, and it bagan to glow and lifted off of her hand and floated in the air! Kaylee began to follow it until she found a picture of a young woman who looked exactly like her. She had a rosey pink dress on and her hair was swept up into an ellegant updo. "The resemblance is uncanny.", Kaylee mused. She walked further into the attic to find a rather large wordrobe. She opened it with the key and found an ellegant ivory wedding gown that sparkled in the dimly lit attic. "Beautiful.", she said as she reached out to touch it. She then found that the dress began to move off the hanger and out of the wordrobe and floated to a red box with a black ribbon tied to it. Kaylee was hesitant to open it, and as she lifted the lid to the box she was horrified to see a decaying head of a man in it. She screamed and fell into William's arms. "Sssssssshhhh, sssssshhh, it's alright. They're trying to scare us. We can't let them have that power over us. We're so close. Come on it'll be alright. I won't let anything happen to you.", William was determined to go on and find whatever would lift the curse so that he could be with his beloved. Although the resemblance was uncanny, he felt he was already in heaven, holding her in his arms, but this was not her. This was a little, stubborn, infuriating, .........soft, angel. He couldn't beleive what was going on. Was he falling for this little mortal woman? He then felt horrible for having these feelings of desire for another woman other than his true love, so he gently pushed out of the embrace and ushered her to where the dress was now floating above a gigantic dark green trunk.

Kaylee was confused by his gentleness, and wondered why he let go of her. She felt rather cozy in his arms. She felt safe. She then went to the trunk and turned back to William. "Will, I don't know if I can open......", she shook with fear. He had seen so many dismembered heads and bodies that it did not bother him. He could not begin to imagine the horror that Kaylee felt when she opened that box. He felt sorry for her. He would be there for her though, to comfort her after what she would see while she was here in this hell house. He wished there wouldn't be so much horror involved for he recognized fear as an unpleasant emotion, but he had no fear except for Constance, the heartless bride that walked the masions grounds. He would do anything and everything in his power to make sure that Kaylee would never cross paths with her again. "You can. And you must. For, I can not, because I am a.....", he grimly stated not even bothering to finish the sentence. He replayed those words in his mind,'I am a ghost. I am a ghost. I am a ghost. And I can not love a mortal woman. My heart belongs to someone else.' "A ghost.", Kaylee brought him out of his revere. "Yes.", he whispered. Kaylee shivered. Why did he make her feel so nervous? Or was it another feeling? She shivered again, and then looked back at the large trunk......she already knew what was inside. She decided not to look at it as soon as she opened it. William could see from behind her that there was a man in the box decapitated of course, with a red envelope in his hands. He snached the envelope from his hands and closed the trunk so that Kaylee wouldn't see the corpse.

"There's a letter here. Addressed to Master Gracey.", William said grimly. Kaylee opened her eyes slowly and turned to look at William," Who is it from?" "It's from Madame Leota."he said in bewilderment.