Truth of the Past

"Madame Leota was in love with him. And she warned him about Constance, the curse was brought about the house because he chose Constance instead of her.", Kaylee stated in shock. She looked back at William with worry. "How does that break the curse?", Kaylee asked. William sat on a dusty chair and took in a long breath, "How indeed." He was so winded by the truth that he needed a moment to reflect. How did this stop the curse? Was there a physical action that was required to lift the curse, or was it entirely spiritual? Kaylee moved a stray hair from her face, and tucked it behind her ear. William was watching her with such an intensity that it scared her. "Maybe we need to have a little chat with Master Gracey.", Kaylee tried to hide the fact that she was staring at him too. They went out of the room in gloomy silence and shut the door behind them. "Ah! There you are! And just in time! There's a little party in the ballroom to celebrate you becoming our thousandth ghost.", Master Gracey's ghostly voice echoed the hall. "Actually, I was hoping to have a private conversation with you Master Gracey. If you wouldn't mind.", Kaylee was a bit nervous.

William looked at her with concern. "I'll be fine. Just try to make sense of the tarot cards while I talk with Mr. Gracey. And try to avoid you know who.", Kaylee gave him a stern look. William could help but feel a bit of jealousy towards Master Gracey, and a little fear for Kaylee. What would happen to her if she were alone with Master Gracey? He nodded and turned to walk away feeling a bit nauseous about the whole situation. Why was he feeling this way? Master Gracey was old enough in moral years to be his own father. She would have no interest in such an old man, but would he have interest in such a beautiful young woman? His fears as well as his jealousy and guilt for falling for another woman other than his love was taunting him. He gritted his teeth and walked away with a sick feeling in his stomatch. Kaylee waited for what seemed like forever until Master Gracey spoke,"Very well, foolish mortal. Follow the candelebrum." Kaylee gulped and slowly made her way to a door at the end of the hall that opened to let the floating candelebrum in. Once Kaylee made her way inside the door shut behind her, sending chills down her spine. She saw the candelebrum float to a table and float down to set on it. All of the sudden a face of a man was illuminated in the dark. "To what pray tell, do I owe this pleasure?" The ghost man said with a delightfully scarey smile. He was a tall, slinder man that looked like he could be a bit muscler. His skin was pale, his eyes an ashy grey blue, and his hair, the color of midnight. His nobal facial features that of a roman or greek god. His suit was tailored to perfection and dark colors of navy, blue, black, and green.

Kaylee thought about what she should say, and she came up blank. Which question should she start out with? "If I may, I would boldy suggest to you that you look troubled.", Master Gracey questioned her. Kaylee laughed, "Yeah I am, I mean first of all, I was minding my own buisness, living a normal life, and then boom! We had to move to this deserted town, and curiosity led me to this cursed mansion and now I'm stressed out because I am the one who must lift this curse!" She caught her breath and sighed as she sat in the twin dark purple chair opposite of her ghost host. "Ah yes. The curse. This, mansion has been in my family for generations. It is my birthright, my home, but the night of the curse, well, it changed this mansion forever.", he sounded sad. "Please, tell me.", Kaylee begged,"What happened the night of the curse?" He cleared his throat and poured himself a cup of tea, mixed it with cream and sugar, and handed Kaylee a cup of tea. As if he was avoiding her question, he asked her,"How do you like your tea?" "I like it black, thank you.", Kaylee excepted the cup without hesitation. He then proceeded to take a sip of his tea and then stare at the ground as if he were looking into the past. 

  "No one can recall of what all happened that night. But I am certian of is this; I was getting ready to be married to a young woman named Constance. We had talked only a few times, but her charm, her beauty and grace captured me. I was curious as to her story, her mysterious past which she had kept secret. We were to have dinner that night and the wedding was scheduled for the next day. I had wanted to get to know her a little better. We had so very many things in common, our parents had died when we were fifteen, we loved traveling carnivals and state fairs, and we both loved to travel. We both seemed to understand one another. I quickly became annomoured with the woman and felt content of my descion to marry her.", he then paused with frown,"But not all descions be them good or not, are in the cards. This .......mansion, is a reminder of the past. A cycle, a neverending repeatition of gloom and hopelessness. I can remember putting on my suit for the wedding, and then when it came time for the bride to walk down the isle, something happened, the candles went out, and it was dark. And that's all I remember."