0.3

My tears had dried as I found a new fear within me. We had pulled up to Travis' house and everything was silent.

"Stay in the car" he said as he exited it and entered the house. With that Chris flung the door open with me clinging onto him. We both stepped out and Eliza followed too, leaving the Salazar's in the car. We opened the door and saw Travis standing there observing the scene before him. There was a man, on top of a dog in the hall, pulling bits of flesh off of the dead and lifeless animal.

"Peter?" Travis called to him and the man turned around. His face covered in blood. He jumped at Travis and wrestled him to the floor. Constantly trying to bite at him.

"Peter it's me!" Travis kept calling to this man but this guy was no longer a human.

"Dad!" Chris shouted trying to pull this guy off. Finally Travis managed to roll the guy over so that he was now on top. He stood up along with Peter and as soon as he attacked, Travis pushed him away. Everything happened so fast and the next thing I knew was that Daniel Salazar was now in the living room firing a shot gun at Peter. He dropped to the floor lifeless. The room was silent as we all stared at the sight before us. Screaming shook us all out of our thoughts. I knew that voice anywhere. Alicia. I sprinted outside along with the others as we saw Alicia stuck on the top of the fence. The neighbour was infected and was trying to drag her down. Chris grabbed a hold of Alicia pulling her off the fence.

"GET OFF OF ME!" She screamed at her neighbour who had a hold of her leg. With one last tug from Chris, she was off the fence and on top of him as they collapsed on the floor.

"Let go!" She shouted before elbowing Chris in the face, still thinking she was in danger. Chris stumbled to his feet, his nose now bleeding.

"What the hell Alicia!? I was trying to save you!" He shouted angrily at her to which she still just seemed to be in shock.

"Chris I think you need to calm down." Travis told him.

"No you calm down dad!" With that, Chris stormed off inside the house.

♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤

Half an hour past and I was now sitting in the living room of the house. Chris was somewhere else fixing his nose. Travis was cleaning up the mess that had been made, while the rest of us gathered in the main room. The Salazar's were still grouped together while Alicia, Nick and I were silently sitting together.

"So I'm Lilly by the way..." I mentioned to Nick who looked up at me with bright eyes. He looked awful but he still had hope in his eyes.

"Nick. Nice to meet you." He extended his hand in which I shook.

"What do you think of this?" I asked him. He looked at me instantly knowing what I was talking about.

"I don't think we should think much of it. The dead are walking. There's nothing we can do." He responded awkwardly.

"Well I think instead of sitting around we should probably be looking for supplies. Food, water, antibiotics, fuel?" I said as I started pacing in the lounge room.

"Lilly why aren't you with your mum?" Alicia asked me, to which I stared at her with sad eyes before spinning on my heel to find Chris. I found him in the bathroom with a tissue shoved in his nose.

"Hey. You okay?" I asked him as I turned him to face me.

"Better than ever" he said sarcastically. We stood there awkwardly in silence for a few moments before I decided to speak up again.

"Hey Chris? What did your mum mean when she said she had heard plenty about me? Back in the shop?" I asked to which his face then turned red and contorted into looks of pure terror. I smiled at him, challenging him to answer me.