8. Promises

We waited as his flight took off. The girls held me as I was still crying. His sister looked at me and I carried her and we both cried together. I could tell it was hard on her watching her brother go on tour.

As soon we all taken a nap, her parents ordered pizza and wings. We watched movies and I decided to excuse myself as I remember that he gave me a letter.

Dear Hernandez,

Hi beautiful. I remembered your ring size. I hope it didn't changed. You've been one of the most important people in my life and I don't know if I could ever be more thankful for you being in my life, as my best friend, a person and now I hope one day I can say the love of my life. If you haven't noticed I always had feelings for you and I think they'll never go away. By the time I give you this, I hope I got a chance to ask you out and be my girlfriend. The promise ring is something I had since Sarah was born and and a year after I first went to base camp. I told her once I was ready to give it to you. I always knew it would be you. I promise to give you the universe. You're my universe. I promise to always try to make you smile. I may not be the funniest but as long you're have that amazing smile, I'll be smiling alongside with you. I promise to love you and take care of you. I know you already know how to, but I want to able take care of you when you're sad, sick or when you're down. You're are a ray of sunshine and you deserve to be happy. I promise I want to be that guy for you. Someday I'll get your parents permission to ask you to marry me and add two extra rings to that finger. I promise to make our lives magical and adventurous as your life is to me. Thank you for existing in the world and being in my life. I'll be safe as you know I'll keep you in mind looking forward going home to. I love you, Allyson Brooke. I hope you know that.

Yours Truly,

A. Rodriquez

He wrote this 2 years ago. He was in love with me and I never knew. I can't imagine how long he held it in. I grabbed my notebook and started writing back.

Dear Rodriquez,

I miss you dearly right now, I did read your letter and oh my gosh, I cannot believe how long it took for you tell me your feelings for me. You're one of a kind Andrew Carlos. I will never know how to repay how much you mean to me or your friendship and this making it more to me. I know I want to be with you for the rest of my life. I love you so much, Andy. I know this might be a little early for writing back, but I couldn't thank you enough for being the best thing in my life. I miss you. Hope you're safe out there. Just know I'll be thinking of you.

Yours Truly,

A. Hernandez.

Lauren knocked on my door a couple moments after I just held on the letter.

"Hey. I know today hasn't been easy but just know we're all here for you." The green eye girl told me.

"I love you, Lo. I know, and thank you for that. You're the best."

"Ha, you're the best too Als. Don't you ever forget that. Now, Sarah wants to show you a picture that she drew for you."

"Aw. That girl is stronger than me and we're almost the same height."

"Well then let's go shorty."

I laughed at her and gave her a side hug and she kissed my head.

"Love you, Als."

"Love you too, Lo."

Once I opened my door, Sarah ran up to me.

"I wanna show you something" she said grabbed my hand and pulled me to the table. I saw she drew a picture of Andy, me a little taller than Sarah.

"Awww thank you, Sarahs! I love you."

" I love you too Ally. You're my best friend." she whispered that last part knowing Camila was around.

"I let you know a little secret, you can have more than one best friend. You, your brother and these girls are my best friends."

"I can? Cause I like all of you."

I laughed and told her yes and she hugged Camila.

"Cam!! Ally said I can have more one best friends."

Camila looked and smiled at her.

"Of course kid!"

The two hugged and went back coloring. Sometimes I believe I'm raising Camila. I smiled at the people in the room. I was really grateful for all of them. Lauren knew something was up, and she gave me another hug. She grabbed my hand to sit with her on the couch to watch Up with the rest of the group.

The few months Rodriquez and I have writing back and forth and Skype once a week or two depending where he was or doing. He looked really cute in his uniform and the hat was really turning me on. I took pictures whenever I saw him or got letters.

The girls and I have been in the studio and I've been waiting for a song that kinda be something for the troops. The girls thought it was sweet and was so supportive. Lauren and I thought we should start writing one for them and we got the rest of the girls to help and play along with some melodies as Camila started playing random notes on the piano. Dinah and Normani sang a little in harmony.

I smiled at these girls and started getting emotional. They were working on a song for Rodriquez. I don't know what I did to deserve these girls but I'm so lucky.

"I'm so sorry but I'm just blessed to even know you. I love you guys so much."

"Aww we love you too Als."
We all hugged together and they all started tickling me. All of us was laughing. It was my favorite moment of today.

I hope you'll like it!!!