Meeting In Starbucks

Hey!!!!
It's been a long time....

But I am here with another oneshot about this couple.....

I know I had promised for a gender bend but I had no ideas about it. Thus, I stepped up to the next idea given from you.

It's idea given by wxnder-ful and it's dedicated to her....

In this oneshot, Diana will visit Starbucks from the first time and she will meet someone......

We'll see....

Enjoy it and HAPPY READING!!!!!!

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

Wonder Woman landed in Central Park. She had just returned from a mission for the Justice League and she had asked Superman for a day off. He couldn't refuse to accept it because she had defeated almost an army by herself. So there she was, flying above New York and now she was to scroll like an ordinary woman for the first time in her life. Dressed in a black T-shirt with a simple pair of jeans and her favourite white sneakers, she made her way to the coffee shop.
As she was walking down the road, the feeling of watching people in peace and ordination acted like a refreshment to her and made her happy to think that she was a part of this peace. Wonder Woman and the Justice League were parts of that peace.
Peace..... Yes peace.... but today this peace was about to disrupt if she was not there to save the day. That's why Superman gave her the say off.
Therefore, she decided to try for the first time in her life the famous beverage named coffee.
Thus, she was walking on the street searching for the latest phenomenon in Man's World that she could experience, while trying to ignore all the people staring at her. Especially alk the males. They seemed to look at her like she was a piece of meat. She found it disgusting.
She had no desire to be worshipped for her physical attributes. She believed that real beauty comes from the character, not just the physical appearance.

Hopefully, these people will learn that someday, she thought.

As she was walking to the street, she saw a sign, green and vibrant, with what looked to be a lady on it. In its cercular pattern, its letters read "Starbucks". Somehow, she felt the need to enter the store and find out what that place was. By the time she entered the building, a delightful aroma encased her senses making her excited about the discoveries she would make there. There was a short line, not too far away, and she decided to get in the back of it. While she was waiting, she noticed that, although there were foods on display, the majority of the customers were deciding to get beverages, then sit down and enjoy them with some friends. Hence, she decided to try a beverage. Eventually, looking forward again, she noticed the young woman in front of her. She was staring at her with a pair of green eyes. She wasn't surprised at the least. That was happening almost all the time but she didn't want that attention. It made her uncomfortable.
She was there in an attempt to learn and experience new things, just like any other normal person. However, it seemed that no one believes she wants to be treated as normal, so instead they treated her like she was some kind of a goddess above them.
-Wonder Woman... the lady in front of her said reluctantly.
-Yes, she responded acting as politely as possible.
-Would you like to cut in front of me? She asked with hesitation. It seemed like she was in awe of the presence of the Amazon Princess.
-No, thank you for the offer, she replied honestly. "But I would like to wait in line patiently, just like you and everyone else.
-Are you sure?
The petite blonde with the green eyes still couldn't believe that a superhero like Wonder Woman acted so modestly.
-Positive, the Princess from Greece reaffirmed her.
Ten minutes later, it was Diana's turn to order. She had no idea what to say, so she followed her intuition. She asked for their most popular drink. The assistant gave her a strange glare but didn't say anything. After paying, Wonder Woman was handed an iced mocha. It smelled fantastic and brimming with anticipation. She took a large gulp. It was the most delicious beverage she had ever had. So, she made her way to the table in the corner of the shop. She sat there sipping her mocha and watching people go by from the window. There were so many things out there that she could explore. She couldn't wait to continue her day. But for now she would sink in the pleasure of that piece of heaven that she was drinking.
Later, she decided to have one more iced mocha. And afterwards, one more.
When she was in the third, something caught her attention and made her stop drinking her beverage and focus absolutely to the sight in front of her. An older man, tall but almost gangly, was in line. A worn Gotham Rogues cap covered his head, which did little time to tame the look of his long, grayish hair and thick beard. He was wearing an oversized tan coat that seemed like it had seen better days, as well as a pair of sweats and dark boots. He carried a large tote bag that seemed to have all his belongings. Diana started to wonder about his life story.

How did he end up here? What led to his homelessness?

Diana had known about income inequality in America; in fact it was one of the reasons she decided to stay in Man's World.

Does he have a family? A wife? What has he eaten today if anything?

She heard him ask for a cup of water. The fresh-faced barista at the counter nodded hesitantly initially, but gave him a friendly smile and left the counter briefly to fulfil his request.

Another man entered the café, with a sort of leisurely confidence that caught Diana's attention and woke her sense of déjà vu. He was tall, even taller than the homeless man in line. In contrast to the other man, he was broad-shouldered, and wearing a large, black coat that seemed tailored to his frame. In fact, his entire outfit was well - tailored, though Diana couldn't credit the man with variety; the man's slacks and sharp looking shoes were black as well.

Does he even know what a colour is? Diana idly wondered to herself.

A much newer Gotham Rogues cap covered a head of thick dark hair. His face was mostly obscured by a pair of large glasses and a light cover of subble, though Diana could tell from his profile that he was probably reasonably handsome, judging by his strong nose and jaw. That jaw that had woken her sense of déjà vu. She was certain that she had seen this before but she couldn't remember where.

The barista returned with a large cup of water, which the first man gratefully accepted and took a sip as he sat down at an empty table.

-Black coffee, dark roast, please, the well dressed man now told the barista,in a surprisingly deep baritone voice. Then, after a moment, he added:
-Make that two coffees. And a ham and cheese sandwich.
Diana stifled a giggle at his selection of coffee. She probably could have guessed the guy would buy not one, but two black coffees. He was probably some kind of cafeine starved businessman who organised his check book for fun. Diana let out a small smile at the notion, finding it ridiculous how much effort Americans put in to make money.
-That'll be eight thirty one, please, the cashier said. Diana watched as the barista prepared the coffees and sandwich. She was watching too when the man gave the cashier a crisp twenty before taking the two coffees and sandwich and quickly turning to exit, leaving the young woman in the cash machine completely speechless for a moment with the unexpectedly large trip.
-Thank you so much sir, she yelled excitedly, but the businessman didn't hear or pretended not to.
Now, he was tapping the man from earlier on the shoulder, who was just finishing his cup of water.
-I noticed you were a Rogues fan, the businessman said evenly while gently setting down the sandwich and coffee on the old man's table. "I couldn't pass up the chance to treat a man with such a good taste. Enjoy your day", he continued smoothly. The old man could not respond with a socked thank you before the businessman quickly made his way out of the coffee shop, not looking back.
Diana turned around fully in her chair now to watch him leaving. The man walked down the street before turning and disappearing from her line of vision. Diana couldn't help but smile at the way that man had made the days of two people, yet was confused by brusque manner and why he didn't even stop to listen to the man or cashier respond. He hadn't seemed in much of a hurry when he was waiting in line.

Perhaps he was too much of a rush to get back to his precious checkbooks, Diana surmised. She smiled, intrigued by the small mystery and with those thoughts she returned to her beverage that found divine.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

I don't think that I need to explain who the mysterious man is.....

So...... How was it???
Did you like it???
Do you want a sequel???

Please tell me in the comments.

The next oneshot will be up so soon as possible.

Till then, take care guys and gals ☆♡☆♡☆