Prologue

Copyright © 2013 by BriannaAngell

All rights reserved. No part of this publication may be reproduced, distributed, or transmitted in any form or by any means, including photocopying, recording, or other electronic or mechanical methods, without the prior written permission of the publisher, except in the case of brief quotations embodied in critical reviews and certain other noncommercial uses permitted by copyright law. For permission requests, write to the publisher, addressed "Attention: Permissions Coordinator," at the address below.

Brianna Angell
annahforeign@gmail.com

Ordering Information:
Email your first offer and we can discuss any future partnerships and business.
Printed in the United States of America

VALENTINE

"No!! Please! Spare my life!" The old man begged. I shook my head as I cocked back my .32 "Can't do that sir." I told him as I raised the gun up to his face, aiming at the space between the middle of his eyes. "It's business, never personal." I saw his lips quiver as he started to cry real tears and got disgusted by the snot that was running out of his nose. "Please, miss! I'll pay whoever back!" I looked at him and said "You don't even know the amount of debt you owe, Ya Ya!" He cried some more placing his hands over his heart and dropping to his knees. Oh, hell no! No "heart attack" isn't going to finnish this man before I can. "I've had enough of this." I said to him.

POW POW POW!!!

I shot the man three times. Once in his stomach, once in his chest where his heart was and once in the shoulder. I put my gun on safety and placed it in my hip. I walked over to the man and kicked his body to see if he would budge. I was for sure he was dead but I had to double check before I checked his pockets for money and treasures. This was a routine of mine. Find the person, kill them, search they body, take what they had for myself or for sell and tell whoever wanted the person dead that the deed has been done. Sometimes the routine would go different. I would either follow them and catch them slipping like I did old man right here or I would have to get close to my prey and make them think that I was "in love" with them or that I was going to have sex with them then I would reveal the true Valentine to them. The Valentine that was a trained killer since the age of 17. I remember it like yesterday-my first kill.

Like I said, I was 17 years old. I was out in the streets of Compton with my boyfriend for 2 years, Rashon. He was 19 years old, the youngest drug dealer in our neighborhood and by far damn near the best these streets had. Anyway, we were walking out of my friend Sherraine's house when we saw some nigga named Felix that Rashon had beef over a couple pounds of coke and stolen money with. He would always say "When I catch that nigga by himself I'm busting shots!" And I knew that he meant it.

"There that nigga go, babe, go back in the house with your friend!" He ordered me. "No, Rashon!" I said to him. "Valentine, I don't want you to get hurt!" He explained to me. "Go inside!" I shook my head "Nuh, uh! I told you from day one I was gone ride and die if I had to for you. These is one of those times, baby!" He sighed and smiled. "That's why I love you." He said as he kissed me on the cheek. Rashon then popped the trunk of his chevy and passed me a gun. "Put it in yo' pants on the right side." He told me. I nodded. Rashon and I knew a time like this was gonna come so he taught me ahead of time how to be a shooter-a killer.

We walked to the dude hand in hand until we got ten feet away from Felix. Dumb, fuck nigga had his back turned to us and was bending over to tie his shoe. Rashon was too nice. Instead of having us shoot the nigga dead right then and there he let him knew we were behind him. "Yo, Felix?" He shouted. Felix looked behind him and saw Rashon and instantly ran off. Rashon and I still hand in hand looked at each other and nodded. Simultaneously we dropped our hands as Rashon pulled his gun out his waist from the left side as I did from my right side. We aimed and fired at the fuck nigga and missed. To our surprise Felix pulled out a dessert eagle and blasted Rashon with it. I saw the bullet hit Rashon in his heart and go through out his back. Rashon didn't even scream, he just dropped his gun as he fell to the ground. I screamed and took the gun that had fell beside him. Luckily both our guns were already cocked so all I had to do was aim, shoot, and not miss! That's exactly what I did! I'm not sure how many shots I fired but it was enough to kill him.

After I saw that Felix was dead I ran over to Rashon's bloody body and held it in my arms. "My baby, noo not my baby! My baby, he killed my baby!" I cried out. "Baby please don't leave me!! Stay with me baby!! Please don't go! Don't you die on me, Rashon! You here me baby boy? Don't you die on me! Not yet baby, not yet! Stay with me!!" Sherraine ran out her house after she heard that the shooting was through and I guess hearing my loud hysterical crying. "What the fuck happened?!" She screamed. I saw Rashon's eyes were still opened so I closed them for him. "Felix killed him!" I explained but she probably couldn't here me well through my sobs. "Shit," she mumbled under her breath. "Where's Felix?" I pointed towards the lifeless body a few feet away from us.

"So if Felix killed Rashon, who killed-" Sherraine saw that one gun was in my hand still and one gun was sitting next to me. I didn't even notice I still had the guns. "Give 'em!" Sherraine demanded. I handed her the guns and hugged Rashon's body tighter. I cried as I rocked his body in my arms back and forth until an ambulance came and the paramedics pried him from my body. "No, please don't take my baby away from me!" I cried. "Please, give him back!! Give him back to me! Give him back!!! Lord, Jesus, God, pleeeaase give him back!!!" I was on my knees begging for my first love to stay in my arms while looking pathetic as hell, but I ain't care! That bitch nigga took my first love's breath from him and I'll never get over that!

As I cried on my knees, Sherraine knelt down and held me. She tried to comfort me but it ain't work. She rubbed my back and held me in her embrace as I cried enough to make my eyes, head, and stomach hurt. "Baby, I know it hurts now," Sherraine started. "Just know he's in a better place other than Compton." I nodded even though I didn't want to believe it. He didn't belong to Heaven yet. He belonged to me!

After that day I vowed to myself and Rashon that I would never love again. In order to do that I would have to turn myself from a lover to a fighter. Better yet a killer! A few weeks after Rashon's funeral I met a man by the name of Ya Ya. He trained me to be a killer and gave me jobs every now and then to kill someone who owed him either drugs or money. He was the main person I worked for but not the only one I worked for. A lot of people I knew had found out my new "Job" so they would hire me to kill someone in other neighborhoods who haven't heard about the killer Valentine. This is the life I live in Compton and I wouldn't trade it for nothing!