Chapter Four

TASHA

I woke up the next day to go visit the love of my life Dorsey. Today I was planning on actually telling Dorsey that I was in love with her. I got in my car and called Dorsey to tell her that I was stopping by so she should get dressed. I wanted to take her out and show her why I really was in love with her. The phone rang a few times and went to voice mail. "Hmm, that's strange." I said to myself as I started up the car. I looked at the time on my phone; it was 2:45 in the afternoon. She's normally up by now. I shook it off and headed over to drop my kids off at their grandparent's house. My mom didn't approve of me being bisexual but they still loved me either way. I kissed my kids on the forehead and headed over to Dorsey's house. When I pulled up to the house I parked in the driveway and took a deep breath. "This is it." I mumbled to myself. I stepped out the car and walked up to Dorsey's front door. I raised my hand to knock on the door with my fist. I waited a few seconds; no reply. I knocked again. Still no reply. I finally took my hand and banged on the door with the palm of my hand, getting very annoyed. "Dorsey, open this door!!" I yelled. After a few more seconds of her not opening the door, I just decided to use my emergency key to unlock it myself.

I unlocked and opened the door and saw that Dorsey wasn't in the living room. I closed the door behind me and locked it back. "Dorsey?" I yelled as I walked through the living room towards the bedroom. The closer I got towards the bedroom, the more an awful stench stung my nose. I held my nose as I walked into Dorsey's room. "Damn, it stank!" I said barley below a whisper while holding my nose as I opened the door. "Dorsey?" I said coming in. "Dorsey. Wake up man, we need to talk for real." I wasn't getting any type of answer. "Is this bitch not here or something?" I thought to myself. I then turned my attention to the bed and I noticed a big reddish, almost brown stain on Dorsey's white sheet. I shook my head. I didn't know what the stain was but I knew whatever it was, Dorsey wasn't going to like it when she got back. "I'll just wash the sheets for my baby." I said to myself. I pulled back the sheets and the sight I saw could've turned me into a ghost right then and there. 

"Dorsey?!" I yelled, no better yet, I screamed. I ran over to the body and pulled her into my chest. "Oh my God. Oh my God." I cried as I hugged and rocked her dead body back and forth. "Why would this happen? Who would do such a thing?"

VALENTINE

I would do such a thing. I knew Tasha would try to come check up on Dorsey so when I went home this morning I decided to track her on my laptop before I took my nap. I needed to be energized so I could take her ass out. I had tracked her phone when she was at some lady house. She was there for a good hour or so, so I decided to go back to the scene of the crime and cover some shit up. Some shit meaning Dorsey in this case. I covered her body up with her sheet since she was still lying in her bed and I hid inside the closet when I heard Tasha coming through the house. I'm not even going to lie. It hurt to know that I killed the love of her life. I remember when that bitch nigga, Felix took Rashon away from me. Although I killed him right after he killed Rashon, it still hurt to know that I fully didn't have revenge. I shook my head and cocked my gun back. If Tasha wasn't crying so loudly, she would've hurt it. "Lord, please bring my baby back!" She yelled. Damn, it was like watching me and Rashon the day he died. I couldn't take it no more. "The Lord can't bring her back." I said stepping outside the closet. She looked at me with bloodshot eyes. "You!!" She yelled, not letting go of Dorsey's head. 

I nodded my head. "Me." I said shrugging my shoulders. "Why would you do this to her, to me? We didn't even know you!" She yelled. "She owed YaYa money." I simply explained. She was crying so bad I almost couldn't understand her saying "I'm going to get the Compton Police Department down here immediately!" "Ooh, see you can't do that!" I said pressing my 9mm up against my lips then pointing it at her. "Watch me!!" She said like it was supposed to be a threat. "You see," I started as I walked closer to her and she scooted back a little bit. "I would love to but you'll be dead before you ever make that call." With that I pointed my gun at her and said, "Don't worry, you'll be back with Dorsey soon." I shot the gun into her left eye ball but somehow, she was still alive! She was just in too much pain. I simply just walked over to her sighing. I snapped her neck and spit on her body. "I'm sorry, Rashon." I whispered to the Heavens. "I'm going to be a little late today. I love you." With that, I walked out the back door of Dorsey's house and drove home.

TASHA 

I knew once I saw the girl from last night pointing that gun at me my life was over. I kissed Dorsey on the forehead and thought as if Dorsey could hear me from Heaven. "I always called you 'Lovely' for a reason. Because you were the most lovely girl I've ever met. I love you, Dorsey. I can't wait to be with you once again." Before I could even think something else up to Dorsey, the girl that killed my only lover shot me in the eye. I wasn't dead but that shit hurt like hell. I screamed to the top of my lungs. I then felt hands on my neck and I knew that this was it right here. Goodbye world, goodbye loved ones, goodbye everything and hello Dorsey once again.

MS. ROSIE (TASHA'S MOTHER)

"Granny, where's Momma?" Tonya asked me. "She went to go visit your Aunt Dorsey, baby." I said to her. "When she gone be back?" She asked putting her hand on her hip. I swear this little girl is only 4 years old but she act like she 40. I laughed and said, "When she come get y'all, now go play." waving her off. She did as I said and went to go play with her twin brother Tahj.

I took a sip of my coffee that I had sitting on the kitchen table. I shook my head at the thought of Tasha wanting to be with Dorsey rather than being with a man. It just wasn't the way it was meant to be. God put us women on earth for male company, not other females. If that was the case it wouldn't be Adam and Eve. It would be Adam and Earnest or Ariel and Eve. Just because one man did wrong doesn't mean all men will. I support her though. Even though I don't like it, I still must support my daughter. I just wish she had a better choice of character besides Dorsey. 

Dorsey was Tasha's "lover" but she was not my cup of tea at all. Dorsey was beautiful but beauty can only go so far when your soul and personality is down right ugly. She was stuck up, she was conceited, selfish, she thought whatever she wanted had to be hers no matter what and my daughter still loved her and wanted to be with her. I don't understand why, but I hope she made the right decision and that Dorsey actually has something to offer her and the twins.

But no, my daughter's in love with "Dorsey." The least she could do is find someone that will love her as much as she could love anyone. My baby girl so loving. Too loving if you ask me. I swear all that loving she gives; it's going to kill her one day.