100 short anime stories

The Mother Dream

Falling deeply asleep, my eyes growing heavy. I saw darkness and a woman dressed all in white, her short black hair, as always hung loosely at her shoulders. She looked like she was holding something but I couldn’t quite make out what it was. Then out of nowhere, she lifted what looked like a small pink box that was no larger than the palm of her hand. Then a beautiful yet scary thing happened. It seemed like all the stars in the world seemed to appear around her. Then, out of nowhere little tiny stars started dancing. Then, without warning she disappears, leaving behind the beautiful pink box.

"And then I wake up," telling Mrs Smith made me feel like I was really there.

"Well, I think you are dreaming about your mother."

"How is that possible, I have never seen my mum," people had always said that my mum was a crazy lady, always preaching about the beauty within, some people being bad when they appear to be good. But she had disappeared when I was three so I don’t remember a lot about her. I have lived with Mrs Smith since then and for those ten years she had helped me, she was a therapist.

"I have to tell you, your mother was always right about everything, and what's more was she was the 'Queen of the Stars' and…"

"Wait, why did you say was?" my mother must still be alive, right. I may not have meet her but for some reason I knew that she was still alive. She had to be.

"When she left, she had left because she had been called to a battle meeting and had to leave you in my care but the ogres captured her and now they hold her captive." what, this couldn’t be how my mum had lived for the past ten years.

"And only you can save her and the stars from the terrible fate that beholds them if she gives up the throng.