Part 1

Lockwood

I was practising my rapier play on joe and Esmeralda in the basement,when I heard a voice.

"Lockwood,it's time for lunch" I jumped and whirled around,nearly impaling Lucy. She frowned,but didn't flinch.just leaned back slightly.

"Y'know, I generally prefer not to be at swordpoint,so,could you lower your weapon and come up for lunch?" She asked

I grinned,and put my rapier back into the rapier room,when I came out she was still standing there,but this time she was just staring off into space. She does that a lot,these days. Thinking,I guess.

"Lucy?" I waved my hand in front of her face,and she snapped out of her trance.

"Hmm?oh!right,lunch!" We raced each other up the stairs,but I won.

"Hello, George" I said,sitting down at my spot at the head of the table

"Hello,George?thats all I get?no good morning George,or how are you George?" He demanded. I couldn't tell if he was being sarcastic or not (I finally got the difference between sarcasm and irony!),so I said,

"Good morning,how are you,George?"

He scowled "I was being sarcastic,Lockwood.but since you asked,I'm fine,thank you very much.and, it's not really morning anymore" he added,glancing at his watch.

I shrugged "any new cases?"

"Actually,yes." That was a surprise.we never got new cases "a young girl said she was on her way home from school,and she saw a visitor in the park that she usually went through to get home.and she heard it say something too.

Lucy was staring off into space again,but when she heard this,her head snapped over and she was suddenly paying attention.

"What did she hear?"

"She didn't say.but,clearly it scared her,because,she was shaking so much over the phone,I could barely make out what she said anyway"

"How old was the girl?"Lucy asked

"13,14?" he answered "she went missing this morning"

"She called last night,then?" I asked curiously

"Yeah"

"And do her parents know that she called us?" Lucy asked suspiciously

I looked at her "why would you think that her parents don't know about her calling us?"

"My oldest sister was more of a prankster than anyone in our town,and sometimes,when I was working with agent Jacobs,she would prank call the agency,and say that she saw a visitor on her way home from the night watch,and that it followed her home."she explained "and she always made it sound so real"

"Yeah,but, I'm telling you,this girl wasn't dared to do this." George said "no one calls an agency about a ghost in the park,and disappears the next morning"

"Ok,I'm just saying" Lucy said with a shrug "but you still didn't answer my question" she pointed out

"I'm not sure if her parents know" he said sadly "if they do,that's good.but if they don't..."

"Did You get caller ID?" I asked

"Yeah,but I can't quite remember the number"

"Well,try.because then we can call her parents and find out if they know" I explained

"Ok. I'll think about it,and if it doesn't come to me before lunch-"Lucy cut him off

"We could just go to her house and ask if her parents knew"

"And how do you suppose we find her address?"George asked

"It's right here,in the paper" she pointed to the paper that she had been reading "222A,baker street"

"It's made the paper already?" I asked,astonished

"Yeah.front page,too" she answered

"Then,forget about the number,George,we'll just go down there after lunch" I decided

"Ok"

Hope you like it!if you do please comment!

Bella