Chapter Twelve: Whispers From Hell

"Mi-lo!" Erin calls out from the kitchen in a sing-song voice. He looks at me with pleading eyes and I have to fight off a smile from forming on my lips. He lets out a long, exasperated sigh as Erin come walking out from the kitchen. She has a devious smirk and evil looking eyes. "Come here you jerk." She says, taking a step towards us.

Milo stands behind me, using me as a human shield. My feet are not touching the ground at the moment, and no, I'm not floating. Milo is holding me in his arms so that I am a portable human shield. Cause he knows very well that at the first chance I have, I would run away, not wanting to get caught in the crossfire of whatever Erin is going to do to him. He backs up, away from Erin, me still wrapped in his arms in a bear hug.

"No, you'll never take me alive!" He shouts and runs the other direction towards my bedroom. He runs in there, slamming the door behind us with his foot. He locks it quickly, fumbling with the locking mechanism. Once we are secure, he leans against the door proudly. At this point I am in a fit of giggles.

He pushes his thick framed glasses up the bridge of his nose and smiles his perfect, white-toothed smile, but it disappears when Erin bangs on the door with her fists. "Open this door right now Miley!" She yells.

"Don't call me that!" He calls back, crossing his arms over his chest and pouting like a child. I sit on the edge of my bed and watch.

"Miley, Miley, Miley, Miley, Miley, Miley, Miley, Miley, Miley, Mil-" Milo groans loudly and swings the door open angrily. She stands on the other side with a satisfied expression on her face. "Hey Miley!" She yells and runs into the room, closing the door behind her so now all three of us are locked in my bedroom. Milo's arms are folded across his chest as he stares down at Erin.

"You know, you're really annoying when you want revenge." He mumbles.

"Why thank you, sir." She says. Erin looks at me and makes a motion with her eyebrows and I immediately know what she is planning.

Milo is one of the most ticklish people I have ever met in my life. So Erin, since they were kids, has been using that to her advantage whenever she wants revenge. She is going to tickle him until he calls mercy. He looks between us and a scared expression crosses his face.

"Oh no..." He says and begins backing away. Erin lunges at him and he stumbles backwards and lands on the floor. I run over to him and hold his arms down and Erin sits on him. She begins tickling him ruthlessly. He laughs uncontrollably and squirms as he tries to escape us. Erin is killing herself laughing at this whole thing and a tear of laughter escapes my eye.

"M-m-" he stutters out between laughs.

"What's that? I can't hear you!" Erin yells, not stopping her tickling war.

"Mercy!" He finally shouts after gaining composure. Erin stops and sits up victoriously, staring down at him. He breathes heavily and I release his arms from my grip. He wipes tears off of his face and props up onto one elbow and shoves Erin off of him with his other hand.

She falls over, tumbling to the ground and she breaks into hysterics again. Milo glares at us as he stands up and runs to the other side of the room. "You guys are mean!" He says as he puts on a forced pout.

"Aww Milo, but it's so funny." I reply through a chuckle and climb to my feet. I walk over to him and wrap my arms around his torso, enveloping him in a tight apology hug. He hugs me back weakly, but I can feel his chest vibrate against my cheek and I know he is laughing. Erin runs over and joins in on the hug. My bedroom door swings open, slamming against the wall and making the three of us jump.

There stands a very confused Ellie Moon. She holds grocery bags in one hand and has her signature furrowed eyebrows on with an odd sort of smile. The three of us disperse and turn to face my mom. Milo scratches the back of his neck awkwardly and Erin and I are trying (and failing) to hold back laughter. Without a word, my mom turns around and walks away, shaking her head.