Chapter Thirty-One: Paranoid

Rancor looks at me in shock when I tell him about the kid and crosses his arms over his chest in disbelief. "She can talk to you telepathically?" He asks.

I shrug my shoulders. "Yeah, thats what it seems like. Don't ask me how she could pinpoint me out of the millions of people living in this city, cause that remains a mystery," I reply just as Ghost walks over and interjects.

"Who can talk to you telepathically?" He looks at the two of us, and I decide to just tell everyone all together instead of having to retell it fifty times.

I call everyone from their spots to gather around the table and proceed to explain to them the situation and how the hostages are doing.

"Alright everyone. I have some good news. I just received a message telepathically from a source on the inside who says the hostages are doing okay. So everyone who's feeling anxious about it can take a breath of relief." I announce.

People sigh and smile at knowing their families are okay, but one voice speaks up in particular. "Oh, so thats why you looked constipated!" El Diablo laughs. "It all makes sense now."

I glare at him from across the table and frown. Who invited him anyways?

The dizzying feeling returns, less strong this time. "I believe that would be your little boyfriend Rancor over there."

The voice comes through again. I stop paying attention to those around me and focus on her.

Okay, first off, he's not my boyfriend. Second, what's going on?

"And there she goes again..." El Diablo comments, but his voice is muffled as I drown him out. "... see? Doesn't she look constipated?" He asks someone.

"Scarlet, you guys need to hurry. Sinister is getting impatient now waiting for the heroes to emerge and he says if you guys don't show up by tomorrow he is going to start killing hostages."

Shit, what do we need to do. How do we kill him?

There's silence, then she speaks. "It won't be easy. You're going to have to sneak up on him. The only way for you to actually kill him would be for you to completely disassemble his body and mind. That can either be done through ripping off his head and crushing his skull, or through an explosion of some sort."

I nod my head, even though she can't see me. I weigh my options. Literally only two ways to go about this. To try an kill him.

"If it's possible, try to get Ghost to turn you all invisible so you can sneak into the warehouse. He won't see it coming."

I furrow my eyebrows.

I don't even know if that's possible for him to do. I've never see him do it before.

She scoffs. "Scarlet, its possible. I can do it. How do you think Sinister disappears without a trace in the middle of fights? That's me!"

She rushes her words and I can sense the urgency in her tone. I feel my heartbeat begin to quicken and I know we need to act soon.

Okay I'll ask him—Oh, I finally remember her name! It's Paranoia!

"You're so lame." She says and I can imagine her rolling her eyes. "Anyways, I will distract him as long as possible and then you'll kill him.

The plan is finally coming into focus.

"Hey Ghost," I call out, breaking out of my daze. He looks at me. "Do you think you can turn us all invisible?" I ask and he looks at me in shock.