Chapter Fourteen: Kicked From The Clique

"Shoot, shoot, shoot!" I mutter angrily as I examine the holes in my costume. My eyebrows have been furrowed for the past ten minutes and I think they're stuck this way. I throw my suit into its hiding spot behind a painting hanging on my wall and storm out of my room.

"Landon's here." My mom whispers to me as she passes by and that's when I see him standing in the living room. He throws his bag on the couch and dives on after it. I let out a long, shaky sigh and walk over to greet him..

I sit down on the couch, crossing my legs. "Hey." I say mildly. He sits up immediately, a wide smile on his face.

"Hey Charlie. Ready to get our work on?" He asks, over enthusiastically.

I roll my eyes and take my stuff out of my backpack and throw it on the table. "No, but the sooner this is over, the sooner I can go back to doing nothing." 

That's a total lie, taking into consideration that on my free time I am fighting crime. 

He chuckles and tilts his head slightly to the side. "Since when does Charlie do nothing?" He asks with a smirk. I roll my eyes again.

"Let's just get this done."

Just as I say that, my mom comes running into the living room, clutching her phone in one hand and grabbing the remote from the table with the other. "Your dad said to turn on the news." The TV clicks on and there it is, the footage of me getting my butt kicked.

I smirk when I kick Whispy in the nuts and he crouches over in pain, but then Hellfire begins kicking the daylight out of me, then the boot is pressed against my face, then the lasers. I notice Landon tense up at this point and I glance over at him. His eyebrows are furrowed and he breathes deeply. 

I shake my head and watch as Indigo and Ghost go on to fight the villains. Ghost is the one who tackled Hellfire off of me and I thank him immensely for that. If it had been a second longer I probably would have died. Indigo takes on Whispy and spins him around overhead before body slamming him to the ground.

The camera then pans to Scarlett who is being lifted up by Zeus. Rush flies over and then the three of us fly to the top of the building nearby, out of view from the cameras. Rancor must've multiplied himself and had the duplicates on the battleground because at this point he was flying up to meet us on the top of the building.

Natasha Hamilton appears on screen on the scene. "Here we have three of Nightshade's most dangerous villains collaborating together to blow up the harbour along with Nightshade's food shipment. By the looks of things, the hero, Scarlett, is having a tough time taking all three of these villains on. Where's backup when you need it?" I roll my eyes. That woman is frustrating beyond belief. She throws it back to the people in the studio and she disappears from the screen.

"Thanks Natasha. Scarlett got pretty badly injured there so, let's hope she is okay wherever she is now." Anchorman George Lopez says to his co-anchor Yvonne Knightly.

"Hopefully we can get an interview with Scarlett soon and talk to her about this incident." Yvonne says to the camera. And I guess I'll be going in for an interview soon. Great.

My mom turns the TV off and lets out a long sigh. "Poor Scarlett. That girl is only about your age Char and look at all the dangerous stuff she's doing. If that was you out there, I don't know what I'd do!" She throws her arms in the air for effect and lets them fall to her sides. I nod my head silently. Little does she know. "Well anyway kids, you guys get back to work." She spins on her heels and goes back to the kitchen to do whatever she does. Probably sitting on her computer at the breakfast bar eating potato chips.