Time to open up

Angela, Penelope and Megan had been going really well together from the last couple of months. Their friendship was unbreakable and out of all that they trusted each other so blindly and fully that they were ready to share their past with each other.

It was a usual school day when angela came to school after her parents brutally fought over a mug of tea at the breakfast table.
Angela went to her locker looking for her physics book and was trying to get her mind off her personal problems.
"HEYYYY! whatchyaa looking for?" Penelope greeted angela as she did but couldn't resist asking the question because of Angela's tensed expression.
"Uhh, I.. ermm.. am looking for My physics book, you know where it is?" Penelope noticed that something was not right.
"Angela? You so need a psychiatrist right now. You gave me that yesterday. Its in my backpack." Angela couldn't manage any words so she stared her blankly,
"Ohh. Yea." Finally she babbled some words out her mouth. It was not long when megan joined them both. Angela quickly tried to focus on the situation which was in front of her than the one she left home.
"Megan you look down today, everything okay?" Penelope spat those words as soon as she saw megan walking towards them really slowly and when she stopped by her locker she tried to focus on the locker and was falling sideways. It was as if she was sleepy.
"Uh! Who are you?" Megan's voice was quite heavy and this was a weird question and she looked drunk.
"Ehm! Megan now you forgot your classmate and the only bestfriend you've got in this school?" Penelope started to protest against that question
"Oh yea yea. Peyton is your name right?" She was making no sense it was like she did some really heavy drug
"Megan? What did you do to yourself?" Angela spoke.
"Ughh! I don't want to talk to anyone. Get lost you dipshits." She bursted out on them both.
She turned away and started moving in the opposite direction. Angela and Penelope stared at her as she was walking away because it was not the megan they knew from the past couple of months.
*PAMMM* and there she is megan martin. On the floor, literally she fell down. Her face towards the floor.
Penelope and angela picked her up and took her to penelope's house. They had to skip school that day because of megan but well Penelope was already in no mood to study and angela was down too. They dragged megan to penelope's room and settled her into the bed. Penelope got the ice pack from the refrigerator and slowly tried masaging Megan's head. With the second stroke of the ice pack megan was conscious but penelope and angela asked her to sleep. When megan slept angela left the room and wemt out for fresh air. Because this day hadn't been so good for her. She was out on the balcony admiring the birds as they flew freely into the open sky.
"Coffee? " penelope offered her some coffee as she came out to the balcony.
"Just what I needed. Thankyou." Angela took her cup and passed a slight smile to Penelope. She saw the cup and remembered the argument her parents had this morning but then she shook her head and started admiring those birds againn.
"What are you looking at?" Penelope asked looking towards the sky.
"The birds." Angela stated as shortly as she could.
"Why so admiringly? They're just birds." Penelope asked a question again this time stating something obvious aswell.
"Look at them. They're so free. No worries. No nothing. Just flying throughout the world and enjoying their life. Sometimes I wish I was a bird too." Angela answered her question peacefully and in slow yet low tone.
"That's true. Sometimes I wish I was a cat." Penelope smirked at her and they had a little moment of laughter. "Now if you don't mind and can without drama tell me what's bothering you since morning?" Penelope got straight up to the point.
"Just the same old shit. My parents. Angela said it having a frown on her face.
"That's not new. But what was the reason this time? I hope its not as lame as the last time. When they fought over which bedsheets were to cover the bed and they ended up covering both the sides with half of each's choice." Penelope was curious to know and angela was willing to tell her because Penelope made her feel better. She liked it when she shared somthing with her.
"Erm.. well it was a Mug this time." Angela said it with an embarrassed look on her face.
"Hahahaha, OH MY GOD!" Penelope bursted in laughter "ohh.. I'm so sorry its so hilarious fighting over a mug that I just couldn't resist my laughter." Penelope calmed down and apologized.
"Well it's not your fault it was really funny, but hearing about it and going through it are two diffrent things one can simply not know the pain." Angela said it with a little laughter.
" I know girl. But we can't just cry over our parents bad decisions. Right?" Penelope spoke as angela stopped.
"Right." Angela smiled and felt good after sharing it with her.

*thummpp* something dropped and broke in the room it sounded like a glass being broken. Angela and penelope rushed to room and found megan struggling to get a glass of water. Angela calmed her down and Penelope bought a glass of water.
"Here you go." Penelope offered the glass of water.
"Thankyou." Megan took it and smiled. "Ow! My head hurts." Megan spoke shutting her eyes as tight as she could.
"I'll ask my maid to get some lemonade for you to that hangover of yours gets off." Penelope said it with an annoyed expression and left.
"Would you tell me what you took last night that you're so out of control?" Angela asked politely.
"I just snuck to my dad's bar and stole a bottle of vodka, and one of my cousin got me dope. So I just went a little too crazy on them." Megan was feeling embarrassed and she was slowly tucking herself into the blanket.
"That's some serious shit you did megan." Penelope raised her tone as she said it entering the room.
"Penelope would you please keep it low? And megan why would you do anything like that? What's so wrong in your life that made you did drugs. Tell us why did you to it." Angela spoke calmly and inquired.
" I.. Ermm... don't know how to share it with you guys but I guess I'll have to. When I was six, my mother was diagnosed with cancer and within months she died." Megan said it clenching her fists and tears started running down those beautiful hazel eyes. "I was supposed to be living with my dad so I did because I was far too away from a decision making age. After an year of my mother's death my father.." she paused and wiped off the tear that just went down her eyes, "He got involved with a woman who worked with her, and they took no time to get married. I was only seven by then so he didn't bothered asking me about this decision, he thought that eventually I'll accept her as my mom and she too will accept me. But she turned out to be like usual step mum's are. I was always scolded for things I never did but I kept patient because I thought that once I grow up I would be able to clarify my self better. Years passed and I bored everything that women did to me, when I was twelve I finally got the guts to ask her that what have I done to make her hate me and she said that I look like my mother, which reminds my father of her. That was a good enough reason for her to hate me. So I gave up. I'm still being punished for things I don't do. I'm lucky that women didn't had any of her own children or else my life would be twice as hell. I try to look as calm as I can but sometimes I get out of control and then behave like this." Megan stopped speaking while Angela and Penelope looked at her with pitied eyes.
"Oh god! Come here." Angela took her in and hugged her and let her cry in her arms while consoling her. Penelope joined in and they had this huge group hug.
"Hey look! We all are going through something in our lives but God gave us this test to pass it with patience, we should not be so sad about it. I know we have those times where we just want to end the suffering but we're just supposed to wait. Wait for it to end. We should never be taking drugs to help us get down with the suffering. No! Not at all. Get it?" Angela spoke in a huffled manner
"I agree with her." Penelope poked in.
"I guess you're right. No more drugs. Besides I have you guys to help me get through it. Right?" Megan said wiping her tears off and looking hopeful.
"I'm always here for you." Penelope stated moving her hands into megans hairs. "But I dont know about this nerd." Penelope smirked at me and was about to laugh.
"HEY! who you calling nerd bitch?" Angela protested. "P.s I Will be there for you till I can be. I'm Never leaving your side. Angela continued.
"I trust you guys." Megan Said it in a soft manner.
"Back to you." Angela pointed at Penelope, "From where do you think I look like a nerd?"
"From that goofy glasses, and that tightly tied ponytail. Duhh!" Penelope had a grin on her face.
After some time the room bursted into chit chats and lityle joyable laughters.