Moonchild

"I would offer you a drink, but you're not old enough."

"Harry gets to drink."

"She's my wife and old enough in her homeland."

"Bah! Kanto's behind the times."

Giovanni chuckled quietly, ignoring the pout the girl sitting with him at the room's bar counter conveyed. Ash eyed him speculatively.

The truth was, she'd caught sight of him from out in the hallway and had seen him enter this room. So, in her usual fashion, she followed after him and found him sitting at the bar, nursing a glass of some kind of alcohol.

Hesitating, Ash decided to just go with it.

"You're a Team Boss...how does that...how does that go with falling in love and making decisions from then on?"

He watched her curiously. "Are you asking for me or are you asking so you can think behind Cyrus' thoughts?"

She turned red, lightly glaring at him. "No!" At his look, she fidgeted. "Maybe?"

"It certainly changes things," Giovanni answered honestly. "What you do and say after, you have to be conscientious of her...or him, if you're inclined. You wonder about what you're doing or going to do, and you have to weigh the consequences more. And you think of what you should do and what's worth it, and can you be the person the person you care about deserves."

Seeing her listening intently, Giovanni decided to give further words of advice, as much as he could. He had a feeling Harry would prefer he did anyway.

"I've known Cyrus a long time," he told her. "Mutually through business, but I've also known him -and the other bosses -through all the intel myself and my Team have gathered over the years. Not that you should be spouting out to the others about what I do and don't know about them."

She held up her hand and put it over her heart. "Scout's honor! So long as you share what you know with me," she added mischievously.

He snorted, but conceded. This girl had always amused him when it came to the others. If she wanted to torment them, it wasn't any skin off his back.

"Like I said," he continued. "I've known him for a long time. You and I both know he's not the emotional type." They shared a roll of the eyes, while Ash muttered under her breath that that was an "Understatement."

"But he's willingly showing more of them now, isn't he?" He caught her off guard, and she bit her lip. She nodded in answer to that.

Giovanni took a sip of his glass, watching her thoughtfully. "You know, from the reports I received from the JJM unit," he smirked as he saw her make a face, "he was starting to be like this during your time in Sinnoh, when you'd been around him. I think you just entered a time in his life where you were just a little bit too late into his plans and he couldn't stop then. Who knows? Maybe if you'd been a little bit earlier in his life, he would have stopped before he could start on anything."

She didn't know if that made it better or worse for her.

"I like Harry," she said suddenly. "You did a good job, catching a pretty and awesome girl like her."

"Was that a compliment?" he asked sarcastically, finishing off his drink.

"Yep, you jerk. Don't lose her, idiot."

She held out the bottle and poured him another glass, and he thought on it before inwardly shrugging and grabbing another glass for her. He poured a little and she eagerly accepted it, taking a sip and then making a face. Still, she kept it and continued to sip at it occasionally.