Hiding Demons

Giovanni wasn't sure how long it had been. He couldn't be sure of how much time had passed; it could be morning already, and the sun was up bright and early. It could have only been a few minutes.

He just couldn't and didn't keep time.

Instead, he sat on the ground, brooding to himself as he gently caressed and rubbed the dark phoenix's head. Harry's black feathers were soft and practically like silk, and he actually found that it was even more comforting and relaxing caressing the silk-like feathers than even petting his Persian.

"Someone did this to you," he murmured, making sure to keep the anger from his voice, so as to not upset her.

A low keening sound came from her and it brought a pain to his chest. He put one of his hands on his leg and gripped it tightly. He wouldn't rest until he found out who was the perpetrator and he'd spilled blood. He'd paint the streets red by the time he was done with him.

He was jarred from his murderous thoughts as Harry's phoenixian form shifted, before she gave out a cry and then her aviary form began what looked to be a very painful process of reverting back to Harry's normal, human form. He could easily guess that it was just as painful (if not more) to transform into that phoenix state.

When it was over, Harry's naked, shuddering body was curled up, with her head tucked and hidden in her arms. Gritting his teeth and feeling his anger briefly make a reappearance, he calmed himself and walked over to her. He frowned when his touch earned a flinch from her, and a part of him hoped it was more a reflexive reaction (especially after a transformation), rather than her being afraid of him for some reason, even for such a simple one like being afraid of his reaction to her.

"Shh, mia stella. It is just me. Let me take care of you," he murmured, taking off his jacket and tucking it around her shivering form.

He then picked her up and held her securely to his chest, making quick but careful steps out of there and to her room. Once he'd made it there, he gently laid her onto her bed and covered the blanket over her. He'd have to put clothes on her later, when she was more relaxed and also wouldn't mistake his intentions. He momentarily disappeared, coming back with a bowl of cold water and a small cloth, to which he dipped it into the water and sat next to Harry, dabbing her forehead with the wet cloth.

"Rest for now," Giovanni hummed softly. "I will take care of you. Today, you should just stay in bed and let me handle everything."

She blinked up blearily at him, before she closed her eyes and snuggled into her soft pillow. He pushed her hair back from her face and dabbed her forehead a little more. He gazed at her restless face for awhile, frowning and wanting to give her sweeter dreams than what she was obviously dreaming of.

He sat back and kept watch over her, before pulling out his phone. He needed to get to the bottom of this, and the faster he did, the faster he'd find out who was responsible for his stella'ssuffering and exact a satisfying retribution.

However, Archer wasn't picking up, which wasn't like him. Giovanni frowned and resigned himself to talking to the other man later. For now, he would keep watch and look over Harry, making sure she was taken cared of in the meantime. There would be plenty of time for him to plan the perfect revenge, but right now his focus should and would be on her.

It was only a little time later that Giovanni noticed she was shivering, and he was chagrined to remember he hadn't put any clothes on her, aside from keeping his jacket around her nude form. He still was unsure if she would be alright with him touching her and being the one to put on her clothes, but he was the only one else there and she needed to be clothed and kept warm. He rummaged around the drawers, where Gallade had followed his orders in packing her new things in, and quickly found what he needed.