A Good Day to Not Die Hard

"So we could stake it out?"

"It would be best to."

"Alright, so I could have Pikachu scout the place too -Litleo, Fire Fang! -and probably have him dismantle some alarms and stuff."

"Yes, Pikachu's excellent at that. Smart bugger."

"Perhaps you two should make sure to retrieve a Power Plant Pass?"

Ash and Giovanni looked at each other and then at Ramos, the Coumarine Gym Leader who then turned his attention to the battle that was simultaneously going on at the same time.

"Gogoat, Grass Knot," he calmly ordered.

"Flamethrower, Litleo!" Ash returned, before thinking about the pass. "Where can we get one of those passes though?"

"I suppose the group at the power plant has one of its members holding onto it. Bully them into giving you one," Ramos suggested.

"You're awesome, old man!" Ash said. "And your gym is freaking cool! It's like the coolest treehouse ever."

Pleased, Ramos grinned slightly. Then a bright light cut into their talk, and when they looked to see what happened, Litleo had evolved into Pyroar. Ash squealed and clapped her hands in delight. Pikachu even had tears in his eyes.

"Aw, my baby's all grown up~ Pyroar, sweetie, finish this battle off with Overheat!"

The battle was over then and Ramos handed Ash her badge. The two of them shook hands, as did Ramos and Giovanni.

"Good luck you two. I hope you succeed," Ramos gave them a toothy grin.

Ash and Giovanni gave their thanks and went to leave. As they left though, they turned to each other as they walked.

"How and when did Ramos insert himself into our tactics talk?" Giovanni asked incredulously.

Ash shrugged. "Sometime near the beginning, and I don't know. He was just there and talking with us, and we went on as normal with him helping out."

"He did have a good suggestion about us positioning the bombs at the windows, so that the damage will be minimal and it'll be showier by having the glass blown outward," Giovanni remembered.

"Are we still infiltrating?" Ash scrunched up her nose. "The uniform's so bright and they all keep wanting to do makeovers. And they're all kind of creepy."

"They are, but I suppose we must do what we must," Giovanni said rather gravely, which she giggled at.

"I suppose it's not that much of a hardship," she sighed dramatically. "Do I get to have anything for compensation?"

"Aside from helping me blow up stuff?" he raised an eyebrow.

"And?"

"Sex?"

Ash gave him a dark look and he held up his hands in mock surrender.

"...More sex?"

"Pikachu, Thunderbolt," Ash glared.

Giovanni held up his hands again, this time sincerely. "Okay, okay. Obviously you want something. What do you want?"

Ash switched moods easily, smiling widely at him. She leaned up on her toes and whispered into his ear about her request, and he broke out into laughter afterwards. She satisfyingly nodded her head.

"Deal," Giovanni said with no problem. "After this is all done, alright? But that's brilliant. I love your ideas."

Smugly, Ash kissed his cheek and skipped up ahead with Pikachu, heading to the RV.